Local cyclists?

Dave Heywood
👍

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 15:59

Thanks all! Some really good stuff there. May have to try some Pilates! I have noticed my lower back isn’t as strong as it could be

Wonder if there’s enough local people for Charlbury Cycling Club? Or is it a case of build it and they will come. I found some vague mentions of such a thing on this site but not sure if it died a death?

David Crosby
👍 1

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 13:32

Hi Dave - hope you got my mail sent through the site.
Here are the main points. I moved here in March and have recently joined Mickey Cranks who cycle from UE Coffee Roasters in Witney - really friendly group of people. www.facebook.com/groups/mickeycrankscyclingclub/?ref=share and they have a wide range of groups.

As you’ve seen Michele has posted about Pilates for Cyclists which I recommended in my Mail - an excellent class - really worthwhile 

michele marietta
👍 1

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 12:22

Hi Dave. I run a Pilates class for Cyclists -- message me through my website if you're interested in coming along! www.charlburypilates.com

Michele

James Styring
👍 3

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 11:33

Welcome, Dave! There are hundreds of cyclists here. If you rode with the Condors, I guess you're a road cyclist but if you want to find some good off-road routes, message me via the site.

There's no club here, though I have on a number of occasions thought of starting one – for road, off-road, and for kids. But then I ended up riding (mainly off-road) with a bunch of people I know, and ...

The Town Council is thinking of starting a Charlbury BUG (Bicycle User Group) to find out what locals who ride bikes need and want, and this would be more focussed on station commuters, school drop-offs, going to the shops, etc., i.e. utility cycling. Watch this space ... 

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 12:30

Dave,

I'm not aware of a club (but could be wrong).

If you PM me here I can give you a couple of names.

Btw, welcome to Charlbury!

Hannen.

Dave Heywood
👍 2

Sat 7 Aug 2021, 20:25

Having moved here just before the first lockdown and as things start opening up, I’m wondering if there are any keen cyclists that be up for some regular rides?

I used to ride with the Condors in Oxford before moving and would class myself somewhere between a pleasure and fitness rider but I’m curious if there’s any locals, or even a club around?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.