Gigaclear Voucher

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 13 Jul 2021, 19:57

Thanks for your input Ali. Sounds positive :)

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 13 Jul 2021, 19:53

Thanks for your advice Andrew. We are all new to this in leafy Charlbury! 

I don’t think there is a broadband provider out there that doesn’t have a minimum term contract of at least 12 months. My concern is that you are agreeing to switch. I’d rather wait and see what happens before o leap. No ISP is perfect but my current one works for me most of the time (but certainly ain’t the cheapest!). The cheaper the broadband the slower the connection tends to be the general rule. But not always the case of course. 

Andrew Chapman
👍 3

Tue 13 Jul 2021, 19:21 (last edited on Tue 13 Jul 2021, 19:47)

Alex, we received the same - the cables weren't laid where we live (an unadopted road) and someone at Gigaclear later came round to say they thought it might be possible to access their network anyway, and a voucher scheme is in operation to cover the cost of connection. So we had only expressed vague interest rather than any commitment. But when I looked at the government voucher website it mentioned being committed to a 12-month contract. Having no idea what that would cost or commit us to, I can't see that the voucher is redeemable. Gigaclear certainly hadn't communicated any of this. So I'd click with care…

Ali Ross
👍 2

Tue 13 Jul 2021, 18:35

We were connected a couple of weeks ago and we’re very satisfied. It’s one of those improvements that you only notice because of the lack of problems. We have fast upload and download speeds throughout the house with no interruptions - a great help when you’re working from home. It’s more expensive than the alternatives but not by much, and considering the difference it makes to our professional lives it seems like a small price to pay.   

Mark Sulik
👍 2

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 20:58

I would be interested to hear of any possible vouchers or promotions , along with unbiased reviews from recent converts to Gigaclear - for future consideration 

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 20:06

Sorry, I meant to say can someone kindly shed some light on this?

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 20:05

Gigaclear have contacted me about some voucher thing to sign with the government. I am still under contract with my current provider and I've merely expressed an interest in Gigaclear. Is there any reason why this needs signing now? What is this all about - some sort of subsidy?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.