Priority postbox

John Partington
👍 1

Tue 13 Jul 2021, 03:09

Thank you. You can find me on 07555 608780. (Note to all kind readers .. I can always use book-wrapping materials, especially padded envelopes and cardboard book wrappers. These can be left, along with any donated books, maps, DVDs & CDs, in the Corner House).

Pauline Eagling
👍

Sun 11 Jul 2021, 08:37

John, the bubble wrap is clean but I think the cartons are too big.

Pauline Eagling
👍

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 21:47

I’m sorry I don’t know area and also I haven’t got a car. I will have about 28 cartons, all in excess of 50 litres and I’m ashamed to say I’ve used 100 meters of bubble wrap.

One other point my aging dog loves to be out and about with me however she gets tired especially during the summer so you may see me pushing a dog buggy, odd yes but it means we are out enjoying everything without her getting too tired.

Thank you for your warm welcome.

John Partington
👍 2

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 19:49

I can always use good-condition smaller (45 litre or less) cartons and clean bubblewrap for my book-selling.  32 The Slade or small quantities to the Corner House (open 10.00 am to 1.00 pm opposite the Rose & Crown).  Thanks .. and welcome to Charlbury!

Christine Battersby
👍 7

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 19:38

Welcome, Pauline. 

The recycling bins near the Coop are due to be removed this week (starting July 12th). 

Once they have gone, you will need to use your grey (waste) bin for bubble wrap and hard plastics. Certain materials can go in your blue-topped recycling bin, and cardboard can be flattened and put in or left near your recycling bin. Details here: https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling/ 

Charlbury Green Hub also has a really useful page: https://www.charlburygreenhub.org.uk/

You can also ask online if others might like some cardboard etc.

There's a bin outside the Fire Station on The Slade for clothes and the like. 

Unfortunately our nearest waste disposal site is at Stanton Harcourt -- about 14 miles away!

Alan F Harrison
👍 1

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 18:43 (last edited on Sat 10 Jul 2021, 18:55)

Welcome to Charlbury, Pauline.

Dump cardboard in the car park behind the Coop.  While you can however.  More Even more.

The post box is on the corner of the Slade and Ticknell Piece Road.

Go up the hill from the Coop.  Turn right at the Coop.  The box is at second left.

Happy dog-walking.  

Alan.

Pauline Eagling
👍

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 18:20

Hello

I’m a newbie here and moving to Charlbury next week.  Could you tell me where I can dispose of packing cases, bubble wrap and plastic.  Also is there a Royal Mail priority post box near.  I’m really looking forward to living in your beautiful …… this is the difficult part as I do not want to offend, village or town. I look forward to meeting you whilst on my walks or rather strolls with my aging dog.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.