Brigid Sturdy
👍 1

Sat 3 Jul 2021, 18:36

Apologies. It should simply be

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 3 Jul 2021, 17:13

Oh come now Brigid, I'm sure that you're not an idiot of any sort!

Mind you, when I click on the link you provided it returns:  "page not found"?!

When I renewed my passport last year I simply uploaded a photo of my mugshot to these people:

https://passport-photo.online/en-gb/passport-online-photo?gclid=CjwKCAjwlYCHBhAQEiwA4K21m3m1ELMDC0ygexQlrURA_H9vrIFt-6S1OevgOiCAqvqagYM23l-YbBoCzw8QAvD_BwE

They tweak it and offer a double money back guarantee if it's not accepted.  Brilliant, and accepted by the Passport Office, no problem.  I'm having to renew my Driving Licence now - and DVLA accept the Passport photo.

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Sat 3 Jul 2021, 16:06 (last edited on Sat 3 Jul 2021, 18:30)

For techno-idiots such as myself, baffled by trying to take an acceptable online photo of a passport, the answer lies with

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter It isn't necessary to order this by telephone if one has internet access, and all it requires is very basic information: NHS number, email address, postcode. As Christine says, the letter doesn't have an expiry date, but in the event of a third vaccine a new letter would presumably be forthcoming.

I can see that the NHS is doing its best to promote the app, but it would be helpful for the app-shy if the alternative could be promoted as well.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Fri 2 Jul 2021, 14:12 (last edited on Fri 2 Jul 2021, 14:14)

Useful to know that the Covid vaccination certificate is easy to download if one is already registered online with the NHS and CMC.

But registering on the NHS app for Charlbury Medical Centre is not at all straightforward if you have not registered online in the past. Last weekend I struggled to do this to try and get a Drs' appointment, having already downloaded the NHS app for the vaccination certificate. 

No appointments offered, and also none available after having gone through the whole palaver of registering online directly with CMC. In the end I simply gave up trying to book an appointment!

On the Covid vaccination certificate, one can also telephone calling 119 and ask for a paper version, but you can't phone if you're travelling in more than 4 weeks' time. And you also have to wait 5 days for the letter to come through.

The paper version does not have an expiry date. The digital one does, and automatically updates. Mine was originally June 21st, and is now January 2022. The name of the vaccine has also been automatically updated from Pfizer to the new EU approved name.

For a computer with no camera, one could (of course) choose to buy (or borrow) a webcam. But a cheap smartphone on PAYG really does not cost a lot, and would be much easier to use when travelling. 

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 2 Jul 2021, 10:15 (last edited on Fri 2 Jul 2021, 11:31)

I did the same as Hans on my iPhone.  

Brilliant!  Probably took less than 2 minutes.  You have to be a bit careful though as there is a NHS Covid app which is separate.  But the Covid app has the QR thingy that you can wave about when entering e.g. a restaurant, for test and trace purposes.

I don't use the NHS app for repeats.  I phone the dispensary in the afternoon (when they are not as busy as in the morning).  I use the v/m service. I ask for "home delivery" and they pass it to the lovely Asim at Averose who then arranges delivery.  What a fantastic service!

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Fri 2 Jul 2021, 09:35

I downloaded the NHS app, gave my NHS number and DOB. Bob's your uncle the whole shebang is there, vaccination status with QR code, prescriptions, medical record etc. I did not have to upload a copy of my passport or take a photo. Could be because I registered with CMC electronically some years ago. BTW I had my vaccinations at Kassam and not CMC, but it still worked. As an aside I found there was an option to order a repeat prescription. This is normally a bit of a pain as you have to put a piece of paper in a mailbox outside the CMC. About a week later the pharmacy might have your medication... But I tried to order via the app on Monday evening. Checked Tuesday morning and doc had approved. Went to pharmacy, they at first pretended they new nothing about an app. But they did admit that they get an email at the same time as my request is approved. 2 minutes later I walked out with my medication. Also, I could check my AZ covid vaccine batch numbers this morning, and I have a British made one, not Indian. Did not plan to travel this year anyway.

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Thu 1 Jul 2021, 19:46

I've been wondering what people are supposed to do if they don't use either a smartphone or a laptop (or indeed a computer of any kind). The procedure John describes seems to apply to people trying to obtain proof of vaccination on a computer.  I am part-way through this process, but don't use a laptop so have no built-in camera.  My partner used his smartphone and has been promised a letter, with no need to confirm his identity with a photo.

John Kearsey
👍

Thu 1 Jul 2021, 17:58

I have just downloaded a copy of my vaccination record, but it is quite a process! In order to verify who you are you need you NHS number, date of birth, postcode, valid email, telephone etc. You then have to upload a copy of your passport after which you have to face your laptop camera so that another image can be taken to compare to your passport to prove its you. After all that, you still need photo ID when you show it.

Brian Murray
👍 2

Thu 1 Jul 2021, 08:50

You can report scam texts to the government's National Cyber Security Centre by forwarding the text to 7726. They will immediately text back acknowledging your message and asking for the number from which you received the scam, so make sure you make a note of the number before deleting the text.

For ease of finding it, I've put NCSC GOV with the number 7726 in my contacts but you can give it whatever name you choose and can easily remember/find, e.g. SCAM TEXTS, then add 7726. Hope that makes sense.

Go to NCSC.GOV.UK for more information.

Mark Sulik
👍 2

Thu 1 Jul 2021, 07:10

Having received a text offering to provide a test certificate, an official looking link to a web site, on providing general information- the request of a payment processing fee of 4.99 payable by credit card appears . Assuming that a charge would not be applicable- have deemed this a scam !? Others be aware 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.