Recycling

Rod Evans
👍 6

Sat 17 Jul 2021, 14:28

I hadn't followed this one before but in case you were thinking of taking stuff to Chippy, their facilities are all gone too.  Such a short sighted decision that will inevitably result in an increase in fly-tipping - which will have to be cleared up by??  So much for growing back greener....

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 10:55

Not that I’m a huge fan of online petitions, but someone who I think is from Chipping Norton has started one…..

https://www.change.org/p/wodc-keep-local-recycling-centres-open-in-west-oxfordshire?fbclid=IwAR0p62g3DFWUEgWV2Bf5KnVeJrdPzHLplKrT3jBANeI5toOezNusUdkNfCc

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 9 Jul 2021, 16:09

We requested a replacement recycling box on 7 Apr. Three months later and still no box.

michele marietta
👍 2

Fri 9 Jul 2021, 15:58

They were supposed to start w/c 12 July.

They certainly didn't wait around. I went by this morning and it's all gone, barring two bins for 'mixed recycling (no glass)'.

It'd be lovely if the WODC were as proactive about other issues as they've been about removing all the recycling containers at the Spendlove.

Alan F Harrison
👍

Fri 9 Jul 2021, 12:24 (last edited on Sat 10 Jul 2021, 18:58)

Well done in your case Wendy

No response to mine of 6 July

No one has stepped in my direction.

YET ?   .

.?…..

Update 10 July here.

Wendy Bailey
👍 2

Wed 7 Jul 2021, 07:23 (last edited on Wed 7 Jul 2021, 07:24)

I contacted WODC requesting a glass recycling bin for my place of work as the Spendlove was closing, the bin was delivered the next day.

My excess cardboard was all placed in a big cardboard box, it was collected yesterday from home kerb side collection Perhaps WODC are indeed stepping up to the mark. For the moment I have had to revise my opinion.

I too have had cause to complain in the past, but not now.

Alan F Harrison
👍 1

Tue 6 Jul 2021, 18:10 (last edited on Tue 6 Jul 2021, 18:37)

1. I will make a complaint via the link.  However, what is the point? See 7

2. With the emphasis now on kerbside collection, don’t hold your breath.

3. Over the last few months I have sent emails regarding roofing felt collection.  

4. The best WODC can do is say it will be collected within 21 days. 

5. A new blue box was requested six months ago.  

6. A recent call to WODC included another item 4 about delivery.

7. It was easiest to send an email with the address or URL of this page.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 7

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 16:32

If WODC genuinely did promise something and it hasn’t taken place, that’s potentially grounds for a maladministration complaint. You can make a complaint on the WODC website at https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/about-the-council/having-your-say/comments-and-complaints/ – scroll down to the “Make a complaint” button, but also do read the “What happens next” section.

Charlie M
👍 5

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 16:23

My reply to MacRae:

"Mr MacRae, 

You ignored my question.

Last Autumn, WODC promised to consult the public before any action of this nature. 

Recently, Charlbury Town Council reminded you of this.

WHEN will this consultation be taking place?

I await your speedy answer."

Simon Towers
👍

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 15:01

The space will be returned to car parking spaces as elsewhere in West Oxfordshire 

Maria Sueiro
👍

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 10:28

This is such a bad decision, and so infuriating.

Do we know what the space where the bins are currently will be used for? Could we perhaps try to use the space for something like a (very) small community garden?

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 09:53

Indeed, the Town Council's response was that we wished to see the outcome of the consultation with the public promised in Autumn.  We are still waiting for that to happen.

Cllr Macrae's response to Charlie is misleading on that point.

Liz Leffman
👍 3

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 08:25

The quote that they sent to Town and Parish Councils was so far removed from reality that no responsible TC or PC would have agreed to go ahead on that basis!  Several tens of thousand pounds a year.  So to say that the Town Council did not take up the offer is true but does not tell the whole story

Charlie M
👍 3

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 05:43

Here is the reply that I received from MacRae to my complaint about no consultation. He has completely ignored that part of my complaint, and, indeed, seeks to blame Charlbury Town Council:

"Thank you for your email of 23rd May and your comments.

In 2017 the Council moved to…

Long post - click to read full text

Gareth Epps
👍 3

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 22:10 (last edited on Tue 22 Jun 2021, 09:52)

Would this be Cllr Macrae?

Perhaps we could invite him here to explain why he thinks he can deliberately misled us.

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 19:52

Andy and I are furious - they have wilfully ignored us and gone ahead in spite of having promised to consult.  Incidentally this is the same Cabinet member who has decided  without consultation to overrule the longstanding agreement with residents on Church Lane and Dyers Hill that they can give their car registration numbers to WODC to prevent them from getting ticketed.  We are still fighting that one.

Gareth Epps
👍 5

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 18:19

Indeed.

Remember that in Autumn WODC promised to consult the public before any action of this nature.  The Town Council reminded them of this.  They have simply ignored it.

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 18:05

I find this incredible:

https://www.charlbury.info/news/3561

So, despite our Council Tax increasing annually, and having to pay for a garden waste licence, we are now expected to drive to Dix Pit?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.