The post

Hans Eriksson
👍

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 16:16

We are getting our post much later in the day now. The blonde said they had someone ill...

K Harper
👍 1

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 13:50 (last edited on Mon 21 Jun 2021, 21:34)

"the post normally arrived by 8am" and there was a second a delivery around 2pm as well!  One could consider popping the "CR*P" back in the nearest post box for RM to deal with . . . ? Kris

Charlie M
👍

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 11:06

Since Royal Mail was privatised some years ago, it would seem that - as so often in this situation - profit comes before the customers, and the owners are more concerned with cutting costs than providing a decent service, so your comment does not surprise me one bit, Helen. 

That is *not* the fault of the delivery staff; indeed I see our delightful delivery lady quite often, as she parks outside my house.

When I was a child, and living in a rural hamlet, the post normally arrived by 8am. Nowadays it is an event if it is here before midday!

Added to this, the amount of CR*P that they have to deliver (all of which goes straight into my bin) presumably serves no other purpose than to increase Royal Mail's profits. I would like the law changed so that if we MUST receive this stuff, we can put a sticker on our doors to allow the delivery staff to put it straight into our bins/recycling boxes.

Helen Wilkinson
👍 1

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 10:40

Father's Day disappointment - a card posted first class in central London on Thursday only arrived this morning.  This is the latest in a number of instances where our post is unreliable.  Anyone else having issues?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.