GWR are back!

Carl A Perkins
👍

Thu 17 Jun 2021, 22:13

I agree Chris, the front of house staff do a fantastic job and I never like (thankfully on a rare occasion) witnessing people shouting at them for events beyond their control.

I’ve never known a train service not existing before though. You at least used to get the cancellation notice on the departures board...

Chris Tatton
👍 3

Thu 17 Jun 2021, 20:41

The 18-48 from Oxford to Charlbury was cancelled last night, sinking feeling in stomach. But hey the Oxford station staff went above and beyond. A free taxi was organised for two passengers for Charlbury and one for Evesham, and the taxi arrived in Charlbury within 5 minutes of the expected train arrival time, and dropped off one passenger at Charlbury cricket club as requested. Amazing level of service, thank you. 

Carl A Perkins
👍 3

Wed 16 Jun 2021, 10:24

After running a perfect service through the period of the whole lockdowns, the GWR mishaps are back!

Not only did I find out last week that the 06:08 train from CBY now terminates at Reading, but last night when getting to Paddington Station, the 20:50 to Great Malvern didn’t exist! (Although it did exist when the app made me book a seat on it the night before). None of the station staff had a clue and advised the usual ‘take the next train to Reading and go from there’ mantra.

Fair enough, but there were a few passengers that hadn’t been on the Cotswold Line before who were a little stressed to say the least. Anyway, miraculously there happened to be a train to Great Malvern sitting at Reading Station so all was ok in the end but I’m not sure of the reasons. Several others I know have experienced similar last minute alterations. An email will be going direct to Mark Hopwood imminently...

I’m posting this to let others know now that some of us are venturing back into London again. Allow extra time and keep a look out for last minute alterations!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.