Railing Against the Rail: My Amazing Adventure with FGW

Igor Goldkind
👍

Mon 3 Nov 2008, 13:55

The main thing is that they've paid attention, not just to me and my little incident, but to the fact that more and more passengers are boarding with cycles as a regular means of getting to school and work and FGW staff have got to come to grips with the increase in this kind of demand on their rail service provision. On the 8.35 this morning (Monday), I counted 8 regular cyclists and 2 with folding bikes.

Suggesting everyone buy folding bicycles isn't exactly ideal (what happens when so many passengers do so that there's less room in the seating carriages?), but at least there's awareness of the issue.

Cameron's office added some weight to the issue for which I am grateful; at least his people are willing to do something more for encouraging cycling than just photographing him riding one.

Small steps, but as you say, a result.

roger
👍

Mon 3 Nov 2008, 10:58

Igor ,this is such a refreshing change if i may say so to see that FGW have come up trumps this time .My only concern is that i would have thought they would have made it three tickets for the whole family to enjoy a day out .Still i suppose its something .

Igor Goldkind
👍

Sun 2 Nov 2008, 13:12

Mr. Rowland,

I am writing to you in complaint at the way I have been treated by First Great Western in an incident that occurred on Friday, October 24th, while travelling on the northbound 16.48 from Oxford station.

But it reflects a larger issue shared by other passengers regarding the…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.