Book News

John Partington
👍 1

Wed 9 Jun 2021, 12:30 (last edited on Wed 9 Jun 2021, 12:41)

With the easing of lockdown, I'm no longer running a home-delivery service of books for 50p.  Over the last year this has raised almost £2,500 for the Corner House:  many thanks to all who have supported us, whether by giving books or buying them.

However, good cheap books remain on sale in town, and we remain grateful for all donations, as below:

Clive Gibson-Leitch is selling books for CRAG (see his postings elsewhere on this Forum for more details).

The Cornerstone is selling good modern books for £1.  They have a regularly changing stock, so be sure to look in every week or so to see what's new.  (Donations, to the Corner House between 10.00 am & 1.00 pm, are always gladly accepted -- of books, maps, DVDs and CDs of all sorts.)

The Corner House bookshop will reopen in the next few weeks, selling a wide variety of books for 50p:  watch this space!  (Donations as above.)

There will be some bargain books for sale at the St Mary's Church Fete on July 3rd.  As well as good quality novels & non-fiction for 50p (three for £1, twenty for £5) and children's books for 20p (three for 50p, ten for £1), we're running a stall of local-interest books, priced between 5p & £20.  We already have some wonderful out-of-print, as well as more recent, stock for this .. so come and find that book you've been looking for for years!  (Donations to the back of church.)

I can collect books from you for any of the above causes, or to sell on your behalf on a more commercial basis.  Just contact me on 07555 608780 or john@pjohnp.me.uk.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.