Injured crow

Rachel Cooper
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2021, 21:53

Can you check it’s wings? Check for any damage. If no damage maybe put in a box to recover away from any danger. Then check again tomorrow. Also Oxfordshire wildlife rescue. 

Frank Payne
👍 1

Wed 2 Jun 2021, 20:46

Penny Little runs a wild life rescue centre South of Oxford called Little Foxes:

http://www.littlefoxes.org.uk

She is quite amazing and is the best person I know of for dealing with injured animals. I have taken several injured birds to her and seen the work she can do. If you give her a call she would be able to advise.

Frank

Emily Algar
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2021, 19:23

Hi Diana, we found this one on the path opposite Hundley Way. It was just standing completely still, not moving, so I brought it into our garden as we thought it would be safer. It was hopping about but not flying, though now it's just sitting still with it's eyes closed. Perhaps I should have just left it?

Diana Limburg
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2021, 19:17

Not expert advice, but there's been a jackdaw, who appears to have a dodgy wing, hopping around the gardens here for weeks now. Seems he's fending for himself nicely despite his issues. So perhaps you can just let it be?

Emily Algar
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2021, 18:26 (last edited on Wed 2 Jun 2021, 18:28)

We have an injured crow, possibly jackdaw in our garden. It was initially stunned and not moving but is now hopping around the garden but unable to fly. Does anyone have any advice apart from the obvious?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.