BLACKBIRDS

John Dora
👍 1

Wed 2 Jun 2021, 22:34

Lovely to wake up to their song in Wychwood Paddocks even tho' it's barely 4 AM!

Cheryl Hanrahan
👍 1

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 21:28

Two pairs nesting in my garden in Hixet Wood. Same nests they used last year. 

Chris Wastie
👍 1

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 19:00

our black birds[ about four] have got so tame that one of them will feed out of my hand

chris wastie

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 15:34

Oh! We have had at least two generations visiting for food every day, several times a day and always wanting more. They just all stopped coming, just like that.

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 15:11

Very noisy in the Church yard early in the morning when I unlock 

Jackie Hague
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 12:18

Lots of them on Woodstock Road. Glorious singing.  The fledglings are getting a little braver exploring the hedgerows and lawns. 

Sandy Fairhurst
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 12:00

Likewise up on Nine Acres Close. Nested in hedge. Last night’s singing from very straggly but well sheltered bush was a whole album full of delights.

Robin Taylor
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 11:35

Loads round here (top of Enstone Road) one pair nested in our honeysuckle, though I haven’t spotted the fledglings for about a week. I hope they are hiding, and didn’t all become the sparrowhawk's lunch!

Diana Limburg
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 11:25

Plenty here (Sandford Park). Some exceptional singing!

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 10:47

Where are they?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.