Walk-in vocal booth (or similar) needed for drama podcast

Rob Stringer
👍 1

Sun 30 May 2021, 20:39

Hiya Charlbury folks,

Does anyone happen to have a pop up/portable walk-in vocal booth (or a covid-secure soundproofed space even) that I could borrow/hire at reasonable cost?

I'm very soon going to start recording the second season of my comedy drama podcast. All the actors are raring to go, with kit for home recording and various mattresses and curtains propped up around their bedrooms - except one of them is having a house extension done from 21st June, which is lovely for him, but not ideal for quietness.

So I'm exploring alternatives for him. 

My first thought was a portable walk-in booth that I could stick up in my own garage, but they are very expensive. (And I'm not making profit from this show.)

Second thought is a covid-secure soundproofed space near here, to which I could import my actor for a few evenings over the next few weeks. He's in Bampton, I'm here in Chalbury.

Thought I'd try my luck on this forum!

Cheers,

Rob

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.