Rail Service 29 May to 4 June

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 2 Jun 2021, 11:34

The bus service between Moreton and Worcester is a bit of a faff. GWR are only running an “all stations” bus, or at least were when we used it yesterday, which takes a very scenic route via Honeybourne. Before yesterday I wouldn’t have thought a coach could make it up the climb via Saintbury but there you go…

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Sat 29 May 2021, 07:37 (last edited on Sat 29 May 2021, 09:18)

I can only say that I was forwarding the information provided by the people who run the trains!

Certainly at the moment, it seems trains are running to Moreton as you say.  Trains to London appear unaffected, but check before you travel.

National Rail says:

‘Engineering work is taking place between Ashchurch for Tewkesbury and Worcester Foregate Street, closing all lines.

Great Western Railway:

Buses will replace trains between:

Great Malvern and Gloucester.

Worcester Foregate Street and Moreton-in-Marsh.’

News post edited to that effect.

Brian Murray
👍 2

Fri 28 May 2021, 20:03

Gareth's link in his posting on the News page goes to GWR who say that the rail service will continue to operate between Moreton and Paddington. The replacement bus service appears to be between Worcester & Moreton and Worcester & Gloucester. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.