charlbury primary -school or pub

graham W
👍

Sat 1 Nov 2008, 10:05

Most after school events especialy for fundraisng where the event is an adult related one, have had a licence to sell alcohol. By banning alohol is trivial and once again 'Nanny state' comes to mind. Surely the parents are old enough to take responsibility of their own actions. In addition the money from the sale of alcohol also contributes towards the event! Yes I agree with smoking (as a smoker myself) as it does linger and smells.

Both my wife and I have given our children (from an early age)a watered down (with lemonade)glass wine / beer. I was the same, both me and my kids are NOT alcoholics, almost the reverse.

roger
👍

Thu 30 Oct 2008, 06:40

Well thankyou David ,at least i got one sensible view from this topic.The point i was trying to achieve is that parents look to themselves for answers as to why children go off the rails at such a young age .I agree with the fact that you must be allowed as parents to have a social evening combined with having a drink,but what better way of showing children how to behave responsibly whilst having that time than having them with you .

Alan Sinclair
👍

Thu 30 Oct 2008, 00:36

my vote is with Dave, john and andy.... by the way dave well played in the PUB tonight. :~D

Andy Godfrey
👍

Wed 29 Oct 2008, 17:25

Pubs are better than schools, I've visited both & can therefore offer an unbiased opinion.

John Kearsey
👍

Wed 29 Oct 2008, 14:56

If this is a poll, then I would vote for pub.

roger
👍

Mon 27 Oct 2008, 17:10

I do not know you so i cannot and would not want to judge you or anyone ,but i have seen so often so called parents putting alcohol before their children .I just feel that school ought to be like some other places where drink does not to have to play a part in social occasions .Why not take the children and have a family quiz night and just enjoy the rewards that children bring .

Dave Oates
👍

Mon 27 Oct 2008, 16:59

Is total abstinence being responsible? Or is showing restraint more eductaional to children? Many people enjoy a drink (and I definitely include myself) - it doesn't mean we are setting a bad example to our children.

roger
👍

Mon 27 Oct 2008, 14:49

Does that mean that there has to be alcohol ,can't adults do without it and show the children how to be responsible .It is a proven fact that children emulate their parents with things such as alcohol and smoking.

Dave Oates
👍

Mon 27 Oct 2008, 12:27

Because it is a fund-raising social event for parents?????

roger
👍

Mon 27 Oct 2008, 11:59

Why is charlbury primary school allowing alcohol at a quiz night,when all the time we can see what underage drinking acheives .

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.