Stuart road closed?

stephen cavell
👍 6

Fri 14 May 2021, 10:02 (last edited on Fri 14 May 2021, 10:03)

Liz thanks for getting the this resurfacing done.  Worth every minute of inconvenience that it may cause.

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 14 May 2021, 09:21

Unfortunately resurfacing a road requires a temporary road closure and that really cannot be helped. The timetable for the closure is as follows:  05:00–07:30, 09:30-15:30 and 18:00-20:00. It is one or two days' work.

Enstone Road is now open, and there will be access to houses and streets along Sturt Road while the work is being carried out.  

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Thu 13 May 2021, 22:31 (last edited on Thu 13 May 2021, 23:26)

Jean, your guess is as good as mine. Probably better. The map is very unclear, and OCC offers no extra details. 

It looks as if the junction between the Fawler Rd and Wellington Cottages is OK, but not the first part of the Woodstock Rd (to no. 3) But can that really be true? It makes no sense in terms of the listed diversion. 

It will also depend on whether Enstone Rd is in fact open at the weekend, despite being officially closed. Also I am not sure what the alternatives are...also in terms of getting back to the Fawler Rd. 

Perhaps others can make better sense of the map. 

I just don't understand why there needs to be a complete road closure on Sturt Road. Traffic Lights would surely be a better option. Perhaps it is not too late for a rethink on this.

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 13 May 2021, 18:58

From Fiveways can we access in front of Wellington Cottages to drive via Church Street to Market Street en route to Enstone Road and the Coop?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.