Voting card for Neighbourhood Plan

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 12 May 2021, 13:15 (last edited on Wed 12 May 2021, 13:15)

Yes – the question is “Do you want West Oxfordshire District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Charlbury to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”, and you can vote “yes” or “no”.

If you voted in the elections last week, then as Peter says, you’re on the electoral roll and so you can vote in the Neighbourhood Plan referendum – you don’t need a voting card.

WODC have put all the documents up online at https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/charlbury.

vicky burton
👍

Wed 12 May 2021, 13:00

Can somebody please tell me what exactly the choice is? Is it a simple yes or no?

David Thomas
👍 1

Tue 11 May 2021, 16:10

We've also not received our Neighbourhood Plan voting card - how do we get one?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 10 May 2021, 09:18 (last edited on Mon 10 May 2021, 09:19)

My husband didn’t receive one for the local elections and although he complained and they said they would send one out, nothing was received.  We’ve got both one for the Neighbourhood Plan! 

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Mon 10 May 2021, 07:34 (last edited on Mon 10 May 2021, 12:04)

Thank you Peter.  This is the first time we have not both got our cards in the same delivery and I strongly suspect it may have been delivered elsewhere.  Our post has become increasingly erratic. Many days we have nothing, and the next day lots.  We strongly suspect that the post is not being delivered every day  - but thats another thread entirely…

Peter Kenrick
👍 2

Sun 9 May 2021, 23:12 (last edited on Mon 10 May 2021, 19:29)

Helen: if you are included on the current electoral register within the parish of Charlbury you will be entitled to vote in the Neighbourhood Plan referendum on 10th June whether or not you receive a polling card.  That said you should receive a polling card if you had one for the local elections last Thursday.

There is still a month to go so no need to panic - I haven't received mine yet!  But if you don't receive a polling card within the next week or so, you can always contact Electoral Services at West Oxon DC to check.  Call 01993 861000 or go to https://westoxon.gov.uk/elections 

Helen Wilkinson
👍 1

Sun 9 May 2021, 20:05

My husband received a voting card in the post  - but I haven’t. As a woman I feel very disenfranchised! Not sure how to get one….

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.