Road surface between Wellington Cottages and Cornbury turn

Michael Grant
👍 3

Sun 30 May 2021, 18:59

To be fair it was all the heavy traffic from the wilderness festival that started causing all the issues with the road condition in the first place.

Maybe if the large lorries used the entrances on the main roads- Finstock Entrance / Burford Road Entrance?  Rather than the tight , small roads of Charlbury,  where lorries use there sat nav regardless causing all kind of traffic issues.  

Harold Laff
👍 2

Sun 30 May 2021, 17:34

How will the heavy contractor traffic access Wilderness festival this year, unless it is properly resurfaced within the next two months? It doesn't take Einstein to work out that the remaining road surface will be totally destroyed by festival heavy vehicles otherwise.

Philip Ambrose
👍 4

Thu 6 May 2021, 21:02

The road surface there was atrocious before the OVO Tour of Britain cycle race came through a few years ago. OCC managed a bit of top dressing but that's all. Thanks to Cllr Hudspeth and his cronies Oxfordshire's roads are some of the worst in the country.  

Motorists pay a fortune in taxes which get squandered on anything but decent highway maintenance. Potholes everywhere that damage vehicles, but are even more of a threat to cyclists. I dread coming across one legitimately swerving to avoid potholes.

Liz Leffman
👍 5

Wed 5 May 2021, 17:21 (last edited on Wed 5 May 2021, 17:23)

That's where a county councillor can be helpful! I have spoken to one of the officers and he is going to see what can be done. But I don't expect it to be done immediately.

Simon Walker
👍 3

Wed 5 May 2021, 14:32

When I raised this through FixMyStreet back in early January, the response that I got was: “I have visited the site and assessed the problem that you have identified. Unfortunately it does not meet our current intervention criteria so I cannot arrange a repair. We will continue to monitor this during our routine inspections.”  Not only is the surface deteriorating, but the loose gravel is a skid risk and gets washed into the kerb gullies, helping to block them up ..... again.

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Tue 4 May 2021, 12:44

I  agree and I have asked for it to be added to the list of roads to be resurfaced.

Harold Laff
👍

Tue 4 May 2021, 11:56

The road surface just down from Wellington cottages seems to be getting worse by the day.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.