Vaccinations at Kassam Stadium or Carterton

Helen Chapman
👍

Mon 24 May 2021, 13:51

I had to give my date of birth, name and postcode in order to receive my NHS number. I was then given the option of receiving it by text, email or letter, all based on information they already held for me - so a random person couldn't ask for my number to be sent to their phone or email address.

To avoid any confusion, note that I didn't need to provide any photographic evidence to use the NHS number service - Christine was referring to a different service to get your vaccination status.

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 24 May 2021, 13:27 (last edited on Mon 24 May 2021, 13:33)

Helen, What was the security like for receiving the forgotten NHS number?

Having just downloaded my vaccination status on to my phone using my NHS number, I would be interested to know how we are being protected from scams.

For those who have yet do do this, it's good to know that it works for vaccines given by CMC. (Thank you GPs.) It's a different NHS app than the NHS Covid one, and I found it quite fiddly to use on my android phone. 

One needs need some digital photo identification (I used my driving licence) and a face scan. I chose not to connect my other NHS data via the GP practice, and you don't need to do this -- even though this is not made clear.

Steve Jones
👍

Mon 24 May 2021, 12:46

Helen,
  thanks, I will bookmark that. It might prove useful one day.

Helen Chapman
👍 1

Sat 22 May 2021, 10:23

I discovered that there’s a service to find out your NHS number if you don’t know it: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/ - took a couple of minutes for a text to come through when I used it.

Steve Jones
👍 2

Fri 21 May 2021, 16:22

I had my second dose at Kassam a couple of days ago, very quick, not queues and rather less bureaucracy than the first time. Less than 10 minutes from entering to leaving, although that might depend on how many shots they have to do that day. There is (possibly literally) acres of parking.

It's a good idea to write your NHS number down as for some inexplicable reason it isn't on the booking that you can print out. They can look it up, but it saves a little time if they don't have to do that.

Emily Algar
👍

Fri 21 May 2021, 09:49

Thanks Hans, good to know.

Hans Eriksson
👍 2

Thu 20 May 2021, 14:24

We were at Kassam last Friday for our 2nd dose. Very slick, in and out in 10 minutes.

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 20 May 2021, 13:52

I have just booked my vaccination at Kassam and I just wondered what people's experiences were like?

Nikki Rycroft
👍 1

Fri 7 May 2021, 12:08

Updated info on vaccines just posted on News

Victoria Carreras Jago
👍 1

Thu 6 May 2021, 17:08

I’ve booked my first at Boots in Oxford, second one couldn’t be booked there so I’ve gone for High Wycombe and will squeeze a visit to John Lewis beforehand! Tried for two weeks and Kassam never appeared on my list of centres. 

Matt Bullock
👍

Thu 6 May 2021, 16:59

I had my second jab at the Kassam on Monday morning. It was incredibly quiet (compared with my first visit). In and out in 5 minutes, only one person in front of me in the entrance and at the check in desks, of which there are 4. I only saw 2 other "patients" all the time I was in the building.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 6 May 2021, 11:21

For anyone still looking, there appear to be vaccination slots available at Boots on Cornmarket in Oxford right now.

Steve Jones
👍

Mon 3 May 2021, 09:44

I certainly fit the profile of somebody who is in their sixties about to have his second dose at Kassam, and I will not be alone. The government statistics on vaccinations shows that about 75% of jabs are now second doses. Short of a big boost in supplies, then it was mathematically inevitable that it would be the case unless the inter-dose gap had been increased even more.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Mon 3 May 2021, 08:20

I think John Munro hit the nail on the head. I was at the Kassam yesterday for my second AZ jab and all those attending looked to be in their sixties. There is also a centre at Bicester Airfield, has anyone tried booking there?

Claire Wilding
👍

Mon 3 May 2021, 08:10

Ive been repeatedly trying this morning, kassam appeared on the list once but by the time I had clicked through to book a slot all slots were gone. 

Rachael Gibbon
👍

Mon 3 May 2021, 00:11 (last edited on Mon 3 May 2021, 04:35)

I don't think availability is the issue, it seems to be the booking system itself. We tried repeatedly and it showed availability intermittently.  Worth it to keep trying.

John Munro
👍 2

Sun 2 May 2021, 15:53

Ben, if you have been able to book your second jab at Kassam, but having to go to Dunstable for first jab, doesn't that suggest that there simply aren't any available slots at Kassam at the moment?  Perhaps all the current slots are being taken up with those now due their second doses.

Ben Cottam
👍

Sun 2 May 2021, 12:06

I had the same experience yesterday booking my jab. Going to Dunstable (?!) on Tuesday for mine! Frustrating but reassuring to know I didn’t make a silly mistake with the booking system - I was rather confused not to be offered something closer! Booked 2nd dose for July at Kassam Stadium,

Rick Leyland
👍

Sun 2 May 2021, 11:43

Is anyone one else still struggling to book a vaccination online?  I’ve tried many times over the past 10 days and never been offered anywhere closer than Coventry. Don’t want to pester the Medical Centre as they are busy enough right now. 

Claire Wilding
👍

Fri 30 Apr 2021, 15:50

Still not working for me unfortunately, the nearest available site is near Coventry. 

Nikki Rycroft
👍 1

Fri 30 Apr 2021, 15:20

I’ve just heard that the 42+ age group are able to book again at Kassam since this afternoon 

Nikki Rycroft
👍

Fri 30 Apr 2021, 11:18

We know many are finding it impossible to book their first vaccination reasonably nearby. 

As you have seen , there appears to be a problem with the National booking system at Kassam and we have checked this out for you. 

As soon as we have further news about the possibility for vaccination for the 42+ age group nearer to Charlbury, we shall let you know. It’s out of the CMC’s hands I’m afraid.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.