books for charity

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 21 Oct 2008, 17:44

I have a friend who has just taken up a teaching post at a top notch "mission" school in Kenya with his family. If you contact me with details I can probably arrange transport as the institution has regular freight runs from the UK and he'd be able to shift them from there to someone appropriate once they arrive. Right on politically type person, into linux for schools in Africa and old computer donations so he's probably got the networks sussed!

John Lanyon
👍

Fri 17 Oct 2008, 12:03

Liz, you can sell your textbooks to Blackwells (the secondhand dept is in their main Oxford shop in Broad Street). They pay 30% of the new price. You can then donate the cash to the charity of your choice.

Valou Pakenham-Walsh
👍

Thu 16 Oct 2008, 16:39

We may be able to help you, Liz, as we work in the field of health information for developing countries. Feel free to call Neil on 811338.

mandy
👍

Thu 16 Oct 2008, 14:20

now now roger we're not that big.
the bookshop is down by woolworths.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Thu 16 Oct 2008, 12:58

the is a Oxfam bookshop in witney.

roger short
👍

Thu 16 Oct 2008, 12:52

Or the finstock shop ,they stock most things.

mandy
👍

Thu 16 Oct 2008, 11:11

try the oxfam book shop in witney

Liz Davies
👍

Thu 16 Oct 2008, 06:28

I'm looking for a charity (overseas one would be most plausible) that would be willing to accept a large quantity (4 large boxes) of educational/medical textbooks - all up-to-date and useful for students/clinics/hospitals. I've tried to find such an organization, but the closest are in London, and they are fairly unhelpful, especially when it comes to arranging a pickup point. I don't have time to travel to London to drop them off and hate the idea of just tossing them into the local tip. These are books that are expensive -- and invaluable for the right place/people. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is anyone traveling on a mission overseas and willing to carry some of these books along?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.