Second dose at Medical Centre

Jody O'Reilly
👍 1

Fri 30 Apr 2021, 07:03

My husband and I have been trying for the past three days to get an appointment at one of our regional centres. No luck, kennilworth is the closest we’ve been offered. While I can drive us there and back it’s somewhat frustrating knowing I should be able to get it much closer. We try about once an hour. Same results every time, once Milton Keynes got top spot. Sigh. 

Kathryn Fairhurst
👍 2

Thu 29 Apr 2021, 11:50

The Kassam is now back on the booking system for vaccinations.

Nikki Rycroft
👍 1

Wed 28 Apr 2021, 15:26

Just posted on News:

The CMC Patient Group has established this morning that there has been a technical issue with the national booking system which has resulted in the Kassam not coming up as an option for booking.

We would certainly advise patients to wait a bit longer rather than travelling long distances to be vaccinated. NHS Oxfordshire CCG ,whom we contacted, understand that this has caused concern for the patients aged 42+ who have just been invited for their appointment.

This is being worked on and we hope it will be resolved soon.

Jody O'Reilly
👍 1

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 21:55

We’ve been checking the website regularly too, Aylesbury or Milton Keynes the nearest every time I’ve looked. Bit frustrating but a bit more waiting in the grand scheme of this is ok I guess. I could of course drive to those places, though I wouldn’t want to get woozy on the way back and it’s hardly friendly in the emissions front. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 20:09

I’ve just booked my first dose and Worcester was the only feasible option – everything else was 35+ miles away by car and not doable at all by train/bus/bike. The booking system is very much set up for people with cars.

As it happens I like Worcester, but if you’re in the same boat* you might consider waiting for the Medical Centre.

* that’s not easy either, you’d have to go up the Oxford Canal, turn left at Napton, Lapworth and King’s Norton, and do the best part of 100 locks to get to Worcester

Helen Chapman
👍

Fri 16 Apr 2021, 19:09

Thanks Nikki. I just tried the website again and got offered Banbury and the Kassam - so definitely worth checking back till you get something nearer to home.

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Fri 16 Apr 2021, 17:27

Yes I had heard that too.  Possibly/ probably eventually, but not for the moment as they will be concentrating on the second dose of AZ for the over 70s and clinically vulnerable..

Helen Chapman
👍

Fri 16 Apr 2021, 17:11

Nikki, will the Charlbury Medical Centre be offering first doses to over 45s? I just looked into booking a vaccine on the national website, but the nearest place to book one is currently a pharmacy in Buckingham

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Fri 16 Apr 2021, 16:23 (last edited on Fri 16 Apr 2021, 16:24)

We are once more awaiting news of the arrival of the AZ/Oxford vaccine to restart the Charlbury vaccine clinics for those who are due their second dose.

I have been told that there will be a clinic almost certainly next week, but as the Practice has not yet been told about the vaccine delivery, they do not know when exactly yet.

Please do not contact the Practice to  ask. You need to appreciate that the timing is out of their hands. Their website will be updated soon.

If you had your first dose of Pfizer, you should have been called for your second at Carterton. For those of you waiting for a second AZ, in the top groups, it will hopefully be fairly soon, but a short extension from 12 weeks in some studies has been shown to be beneficial.

As soon as we hear the dates of the next clinics , we will post on News. Bear in mind that there will be quite large numbers to receive their second dose, , including the clinically vulnerable, so there will be several clinics.  

Hans Eriksson
👍

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 21:43

I booked mine through the NHS web site on 24/2 and got my first jab at Kassam on the 26/2. I had to book the 2nd appointment in order to get a 1st appointment, the 2nd is scheduled for 14/5. AZ. 

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 18:49

I too had my first jab on 29 January and still waiting to hear when to go for second dose.

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 17:55

Phil, I'm sure you won't need to wait an extra month. But I was just saying that you probably don't need to worry if the time is extended by a few days, since Canada has decided that this is safe -- and it looks as if the AstraZeneca does better with a long gap. 

CMC have been wonderful so far, and I'm confident that they will be distributing the vaccines just as soon as they get the next batch. I only had a few days notice (for the Pfizer one), and expect that's the same for the AstraZeneca as well. 

Phil Roberts
👍 3

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 16:07

Wow! So if I'm not going to get a second jab for some months, I need a Doctor to tell me that's OK. Given that antibody levels in my age group are declining sharply I'm going to be very cautious about going out and about. The Medical Centre need to clarify their website

Charlie M
👍

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 16:05

I am concerned too; my twelve weeks runs out on 23rd April. Had my first one on 29th January.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 13:41 (last edited on Wed 14 Apr 2021, 13:44)

Phil, I take it you had the AstraZeneca vaccine. Those who had the Pfizer one in Carterton on January 22nd had their 2nd dose in Carterton on Monday 12th April, if not received earlier than this.

If it's the AstraZeneca one, I don't think you need to be too concerned. Canada has, after all, delayed the gap between doses to 4 months. There's an article about it here: https://wellcome.org/news/what-happens-if-we-delay-second-doses-covid-19-vaccines-pfizer-oxford-moderna

If it was the Pfizer one, I suggest you contact CMC. I was informed by letter with only a few days notice, and letters can, of course, go astray.

Joanne Fox
👍

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 13:35

CMC website under NEWS has April 12 Carterton (over 75). Fyi

https://www.thecharlburymedicalcentre.nhs.uk/news.aspx

Phil Roberts
👍

Wed 14 Apr 2021, 12:17

Anyone heard anything from the Medical Centre? Only a few days to go and I shall be out of time. Does that mean I have to start again?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.