Wilderness Local Resident Tickets Information

Helen Wilkinson
👍 1

Sun 25 Jul 2021, 08:07

Just to confirm previous post - we have 2 adult local non-camping tickets aurplus

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Thu 22 Jul 2021, 11:53 (last edited on Thu 22 Jul 2021, 12:09)

Asking on behalf of a family member - 

We have three adult non-camping locals tickets and it is likely that the named applicant and one other will not now be able to attend. Is it possible to collect the one wristband/ticket that is still needed and sell on the other two spare tickets on the forum.  (I am not in possession of the ticket details myself)

Grateful for any info as to how the process works

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 2

Tue 20 Jul 2021, 22:15 (last edited on Wed 21 Jul 2021, 15:51)

Wilderness is now asking for proof of covid jabs for entry and or other proofs for entry for anyone 11 years old upwards so do make sure you follow the link to make sure you don't get refused entry.

www.wildernessfestival.com/wilderness-covid-19-entry-requirements/?utm_campaign=wild21&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=36

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 2

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 11:24

Miranda the metal fencing is being put up the main drag during the last week so seems to be starting.

Miranda Higham
👍

Mon 12 Jul 2021, 11:17

Curious to know if anyone has seen any Wilderness set up activities yet?

Trucks, glamping tents etc?

Is it about now they’d start setting up?

Rod Evans
👍 1

Tue 6 Jul 2021, 13:17 (last edited on Tue 6 Jul 2021, 14:40)

The process appears to have become shambolic.  The tickets are still 'not yet available' despite having been paid for.  Others have been notified of 'experiences' & dining - I haven't despite being on their mailing list - and can't apparently book them without a ticket which etc etc!  And as they are not issuing paper tickets, does that mean all 4 people have to be there to get their wristbands when I do?  Someone needs to get a grip - not to mention that the line-up is currently about 1/3 of what it usually is.

And to update, my daughter says their website has crashed!

Wendy Bailey
👍 2

Fri 25 Jun 2021, 13:39

Ditto, or proof of double vaccination before ticket purchase. 

john h
👍 4

Fri 25 Jun 2021, 10:50

The cynic in me make me wonder if all this stalling is ready to suddenly cancel Wilderness!!! Other festivals have cancelled this year, so why not Wilderness? John H

Kathy Broughton
👍 1

Thu 24 Jun 2021, 22:45

Is there any news on the tickets "not being ready yet"? They were very prompt in taking my money, however. Anybody know what the situation is?

Angelique Davidson
👍 1

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 10:34

Hi Emma I recieved 2 emails for my local tickets , as had 3 family and 1 general camping tickets. Unable to use code on the 1 email link with code for general camping. Have messaged info team twice and contacted ticketmaster but still no response could you help please

Rod Evans
👍 1

Wed 16 Jun 2021, 12:25

Like Chris, my tickets apparently 'aren't quite ready yet'.  I have no idea what this means as they are not printed so I can't see why there should be a problem.  And yes, the booking fee per ticket, not just per booking, is verging on the scandalous....

daniela jenkins
👍

Tue 15 Jun 2021, 09:26

You can bid for 2 lots of 2 adult camping wilderness tickets by emailing a bid to danielajenkins@btinternet.com. Bidding ends midday Friday 18th June. All proceeds in aid of St. Mary's church and its community outreach.

clare shakya
👍

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 17:55

Are there still tickets available? If so, could someone share a link? I maybe being dense but can’t find it anywhere on this website. 

If not, if anyone has a spare ticket please let us know - we would be keen to buy an additional one (07766576750)

Suzy M-H
👍

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 13:35

Is this code for rolled over (and already paid-for) residents tickets or is it for residents tickets applied for this year? 

Nicola Morgan
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 19:39

I too have successfully paid and received my tickets.  Still very annoyed about the booking fee though.  I guess you make your choices..

Mike Smith
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 16:24

Is anyone else still having difficulties, despite the email suggesting all was fixed?

Same "Something went wrong... An error occurred and we could not reserve your tickets."...

Chris Tatton
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 15:33

Just had an e mail from Wilderness to say the booking problems are now fixed, booked tickets ok, had a confirmation e mail and the monies have come out of my bank account, but at the end of the process it is saying “your tickets aren’t quite ready yet” and I haven’t been sent a ticket bar code yet. 

Gill Begnor
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 15:29

The problem is sorted now - have just managed to book mine.

David Cook
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 11:15

I have tried again this morning but again no success, I am registered with Ticketmaster but did has not helped. Notice site states maximum 10 tickets per person, perhaps the allocation has been snapped up by touts?

Will Ord
👍 1

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 10:56

I've tried to buy 4 pre booked tickets this morning.  A rushed and manipulative process from Ticketmaster with 'tickets sold out' at the end of it.   Also, I want physical tickets (in gold leaf given the outrageous booking fee!) and not some code that goes only on my phone.  It's hard to trust over £500 to a E-system that's failed so far!   Wilderness organisers... please treat the locals better than this and rectify this situation!

Carole Knight
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 10:10 (last edited on Sat 12 Jun 2021, 10:20)

I have just tried again twice and it still does not work. It allows me to unlock the tickets but at the very last stage of the payment it says there are no tickets available on this promotion. I timed myself - 36 secs to payment!

Phil Brown
👍 1

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 09:33

The code is in the email you should have received from Wilderness Festival, below the link to Ticketmaster. 

Suzy M-H
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 09:31

Where did you get the code from?

Phil Brown
👍

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 09:29 (last edited on Thu 21 Jul 2022, 22:47)

I think this is because the tickets are only reserved for about 90 seconds from moment you enter the code, so if you don't pay quickly enough the offer "times out" and you get an error message. This happened to me first time because I had to register with Ticketmaster and find my laptop charger... When I tried again it worked fine.

Natasha Ely
👍 1

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 09:06

Susie I completely agree with all your comments. Have tried this morning to purchase tickets and exactly same message came up -‘no more tickets available for this offer’It is a shambles and the Wilderness Team should be ashamed of themselves. 

Mike Smith
👍 2

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 09:01

Hello Emma,

Have any local bookings completed successfully? Others I have spoken to has been unable to complete their order. Similar issue here when trying to book ours. Once unlocked, ticketmaster simply states: 

"Something went wrong... An error occurred and we could not reserve your tickets."

This doesn't really suggest what the problem is. Can you confirm that local tickets are actually held for those who reserved them and this is simply a temporary glitch?

The booking fee is very high, particularly considering the experience so far. 

Susie Burnett
👍 2

Fri 11 Jun 2021, 22:27 (last edited on Sat 12 Jun 2021, 07:17)

Same problem! Can’t actually purchase them as says there are ‘no more tickets available for this offer’ and we’re now really concerned that we’ve used the passcode once, as stipulated, so won’t be able to retry. Then got a message saying tickets exceed number allowed, when we only have 4. And £45 service charge!!! Really? Very disappointed in Wilderness and how difficult it is becoming for locals to attend this festival. This is an unbelievably complex process, that now has been proven not to actually work!

David Cook
👍 1

Fri 11 Jun 2021, 21:51

Hello Emma

having registered for tickets I have tried to purchase local tickets this evening via the link without success. Keep getting a message stating no more tickets for this promotion. 

Becky Haran
👍 2

Mon 7 Jun 2021, 18:06

Hi Emma, I posted a question earlier to ask what was happening with local tickets so thanks for the update. Its a bit frustrating not to receive an email confirmation/link for the local tickets though before the final release - if for some reason we do not receive an email link to buy the tickets we have then missed out on the final general release. At the moment all I have is a slip of paper saying I will get the tickets I applied for.......

Emma Kirkby
👍 1

Mon 7 Jun 2021, 17:49

Good evening everyone,

We wanted to let you all know that we will be going on sale with our final release of Wilderness 2021 tickets tomorrow.

For those of you who successfully registered for Wilderness 2021 Local Tickets, please rest assured these are held for you and we will be sending you information on how to book and secure these tickets, later this week. So, please only book final release tickets if you wanted to book anything additional to the tickets you’ve already registered for, or you were unsuccessful in registering for local tickets.

If you haven’t seen it already, we also announced our first round of the Wilderness 2021 line-up last week, available to see here.

All the best,

The Wilderness Team

daniela jenkins
👍

Thu 3 Jun 2021, 12:39

And if you're still after some Wilderness tickets for 2021 - here is your chance https://www.charlbury.info/news/3541

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 3 Jun 2021, 09:57

Wilderness line-up now announced.

Amanda Hartley
👍

Tue 1 Jun 2021, 08:26

Hi Emma, thanks for all your info so far. When should we expect to hear from Ticketmaster about the residents tickets? We were second in the queue & were assured we’d got some but haven’t heard anything since then. Do you know how long it takes for them to be processed with Ticketmaster? Thanks, Amanda

Emma Kirkby
👍 2

Fri 7 May 2021, 17:52

Good evening and happy Friday,

A reminder to please not head down to The Charlbury Community Centre this Saturday, 8th May (tomorrow), in an attempt to register for Wilderness 2021 Local Tickets, as these have now sold out.

Those of you that still have Wilderness 2020 tickets that you are yet to roll over or refund: 

The local ticketing team will be available at The Charlbury Community Centre, Saturday 8th May (tomorrow) from 10am-4 pm for processing. Please ensure you bring your 2020 tickets, proof of address and I.D. with you.

Local Residents Meeting

Please be assured, prior to the festival, we shall be holding our annual Local Residents Meeting, to inform you of our plans and answer any and all of your questions. Thank you so much for all your incredible support; we cannot wait to see you in the fields of Cornbury Park again this summer.

We wish you all a wonderful weekend,

The Wilderness Team

Rachael Lunney
👍 1

Sat 1 May 2021, 18:33 (last edited on Sat 1 May 2021, 23:04)

Hi

If you missed out on ticket then listen up

Charlbury Street Fair has got a pair of full weekend camping tickets which we are going to auction.

Bidding will  open now and close next Saturday

Please email csfauction2021@gmail.com

All money raised goes to the Corner House and Memorial Hall.

Charlbury Community Centre
👍

Sat 1 May 2021, 16:24

Local Residents Tickets have now sold out on the first day of becoming available to reserve. Sorry if you were not able to get one - it's a very popular event!

Michael Grant
👍 1

Sat 1 May 2021, 14:58

Hello Emma

Are you able to answer questions regarding the event,  e.g. traffic disruption / noise levels etc 

Emma Kirkby
👍

Fri 30 Apr 2021, 18:34

Good evening all,

As we look ahead to our return to Cornbury Park this August, we wanted to let you know that plans for Wilderness are well underway.

Guest experience is always our number one priority, and we have been working closely with public health authorities to bring you the…

Long post - click to read full text

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Thu 29 Apr 2021, 11:03

Amanda, I feel like you -- but don't think there was ever a curfew in the past. There was sometimes a problem of gaining admission at the start of the festival or at particular times when trying to enter on foot by the closest gate to Charlbury, but not in terms of walking (or driving) home at the end of the day. (Others may know better, of course.) 

One thing that is good about the new arrangements is that, as I understand it, one does not have to pay for the tickets right now -- just apply to be able to do so.

Festivals are being cancelled at a rate of knots at the moment, because of the lack of insurance. (A friend of a friend learnt on Monday that three festivals she was booked for had been cancelled. And the e-festivals website is a good way of tracking what is (not) going ahead.) Also a delay will hopefully mean that we will have a better idea of what acts and extra events have been booked. 

I think I'm going to apply for a local ticket, and then decide later whether or not to take the risk of paying and cancellations. 

There are also other things to consider, e.g. the Ticketmaster website says that one can't re-sell Festival tickets through Ticketmaster. Selling tickets locally has never been a problem in the past, but this year might be different, of course ...  

Amanda Hartley
👍

Thu 29 Apr 2021, 10:06

Hi, I'm new to the area and was keen to try for local residents tickets as it's on my doorstep.

The booking fee going up to £11.25 from the original £1.50 is an unfair increase to be added at the last minute like this. That has made us less certain whether worth getting tickets, especially considering the line-up's not even released yet (hope Wilderness festival has a great atmosphere all round even if not blown over by the line-up...)  

Does anyone know roughly what times the gates close for entering and exiting each day instead of camping? Will likely walk there & back each day to stay in own bed but not if it's an earlier curfew so can't see all acts perform. 

Michael Grant
👍 1

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 17:34

Just had a quick look at there accounts ( companies House)  I suspect the extra booking fee is to cover the £1.2 million loss that the organisers MAMA festivals made in 2019, ( I can imagine they faired any better last year) . 

Nick Hall
👍 2

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 16:26

This feels like Wilderness washing their hands of the local residents (who have to put up with weeks of disruption) and passing the buck to Ticketshiester, where everyone's ticket price gets hiked by 10% so their automated system can print and post tickets.

An £11.25 ticket booking fee is daylight robbery....and everyone knows it is. 
Shame on Wilderness for passing this extra expense on to the patient/amenable locals. 
It leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth.

Michael Grant
👍

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 15:46

Your correct it is, but the promoter can add additional to the booking fee.

I wonder if the organisers of the event could answer the question as to whether they managed to get insurance to cover the event?  Would be a bold move to take peoples money with the potential of having no way of covering it on case something happens. 

👍

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 15:28

I think the £11.25 is Ticketmaster’s fee. 

Michael Grant
👍 1

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 15:12

I suspect the price hike may have something to do with the  insurance, knowing that a lot of other festivals aren't going ahead thus year not due to covid restrictions,  but due to them not being able to get insurance to cover the event.

Bearing in mind there are less tickets being sold this year,  will this mean the music won't be so loud this year?  Would be nice not to have 5 days of constant noise. 

Shelagh Scott
👍

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 14:39

When Wilderness had to be cancelled last year, we didn't mind losing the booking fee of £1.50 p.p. But if the same has to happen this year, and we book four tickets, would we lose £45?

👍 1

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 13:36

Michael, if you have sent your tickets back for exchange you will be contacted directly by Wilderness by email with instructions. So don't come to the Community Centre on Saturday - there will be enough people there!

Lee-Ann Keeble
👍

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 13:26

Hello Emma

I noticed there was mention of a £1.50 handling fee in your post of 9 April, but on looking at the information via the link posted today it says there is a booking fee of £11.25 - that is quite a hike in price!  Can you please confirm this booking fee replaces the handling fee and the amount is not a typo?

Thank you

Michael Peake
👍

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 13:03 (last edited on Tue 27 Apr 2021, 13:07)

Hi Emma

What do people who exchanged 2020 tickets for 2021 tickets do? Do they need to go to the Community Centre also?

Emma Kirkby
👍 1

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 12:16 (last edited on Tue 27 Apr 2021, 14:31)

Hi all,

Further to our previous Wilderness 2021 Local Ticket update, please find our full Wilderness 2021 Local Tickets Information Sheet and Registration Form.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES FOR 2021

Booking and payment of approved Wilderness Local Tickets will now be made online through Ticketmaster, our safe and secure…

Liz Drake
👍

Tue 27 Apr 2021, 07:19

Emma it would be really useful to announce line up asap and I am sure its negatively affecting ticket sales. When is soon?

Josie Cope
👍

Mon 26 Apr 2021, 21:32

Hi Emma 

we are away on the dates of local release tickets. Could we get a family member to collect instead or does it have to be from our household? 

Thanks 

Emma Kirkby
👍

Mon 26 Apr 2021, 17:07 (last edited on Mon 26 Apr 2021, 17:08)

Hi all,

Apologies for the delayed reply. 

Liz - great question, our lips are sealed for now I'm afraid but not to worry line-up announcement will come in due course and its definitely worth the wait!

Rod - more information on 2021 Local Tickets coming imminently, as per previous years it will be a first come first serve set up.

In terms of the extra experiences (banquets etc.) this sounds like such a lovely idea. While we aren't able to arrange a residents only sitting, you could certainly arrange yourselves as a group and provided at least one of you is either signed up to our newsletter or following us on socials, you'll be among the first to know when these go on sale and therefore could get in there early to do a large group booking if that's something that's of interest. You just need to make sure whoever is heading this up already has an account set up on the Wilderness website, this makes the whole checkout process much speedier as a lot of the information is then pre-filled. 

Best,

Emma 

Liz Drake
👍 1

Sat 24 Apr 2021, 08:13

What is the line up is the big question!

Rod Evans
👍 2

Fri 23 Apr 2021, 10:50 (last edited on Fri 23 Apr 2021, 11:03)

A question and a suggestion (if more for Emma but post here or like if you think it's a good one!).

Qn. Could we start a 'register of interest' for those of us who need to buy new tickets - or will it just be first come, first served?

Sn. Family & friends have often enjoyed group eats or the banquets - though I did once have to restrain a daughter (former Erasmus student etc) when she spotted a certain resident of Dean...  I don't know how many residents' tickets are issued but how about one of the caterers offering a 'residents' evening' (or lunch?), with bookings only for residents up to say a few days before?  Or even a 'residents' table' at one of the bigger ones.  Some of us know each other but could be a nice way to meet more?

👍

Sat 17 Apr 2021, 10:52

Don’t forget to bring your 2020 local residents tickets to the Community Centre TODAY (or next Sat at the latest) between 1 and 4pm, so we can send them off for exchange. 
You will need proof of address. Full details on our website here

New local tickets will not be on sale until May 1st. 

👍

Mon 12 Apr 2021, 07:18 (last edited on Mon 12 Apr 2021, 07:19)

I can answer a couple of these questions. Judy - yes camping is included in the price but you need to specify that you want a camping ticket on the form you get when buying them. Tim - no you can't buy any new tickets until 1st May. Wilderness need to see how many tickets are being exchanged before they can release new ones for sale. So I guess it's the fact that last year's tickets have not all come back yet which is holding things up.

clare shakya
👍

Sun 11 Apr 2021, 21:10

Dear Wilderness team, If all our bills are online, can we just bring something official addressed to our home address?

Judy kinchella
👍

Sun 11 Apr 2021, 15:52

Hi Emma,

Is camping included in the price for an Adult ticket?

Many thanks

Tim Gosling
👍

Sun 11 Apr 2021, 13:40

Sorry. Can i please clarify something. I dont have any tickets to exchange but can I still buy 2021 tickets on the 17th and 24th April or is that for exchanges only?

Thanks

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 9 Apr 2021, 17:37

Thank you, Emma,

Just what I needed!

Emma Kirkby
👍

Fri 9 Apr 2021, 16:43

Hi Christine,

Prices are as follows:

Adults £120*

Teens £115*

Junior £35

Chil £5

Parking £21

*additional £1.50 handling fee

Best,

The Wilderness Team

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 9 Apr 2021, 13:51 (last edited on Fri 9 Apr 2021, 13:52)

Thanks for replying so promptly, and that is certainly good news.

But please could you give the prices for local tickets, with and without parking. I can't find this on your website. As I am trying to plan my August, it would be helpful to know this. 

Emma Kirkby
👍 2

Fri 9 Apr 2021, 13:10

Hi Christine, 

This is just an error with Google, we've flagged it with them a week or so ago, and they are in the process of fixing it, just takes a little while to update. Rest assured, very much not cancelled. The joys of the internet!

Best,

The Wilderness Team x 

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 8 Apr 2021, 19:01

Looking online to discover ticket costs, I see a message right at the top of the Google page saying that Wilderness Festival 21 is cancelled. But when I look at the Wilderness website I see no evidence of this. 

I'm not sure that this is right -- might there be a confusion with Cornbury Festival 2021 that has indeed been cancelled? Google doesn't seem to know that is the case. 

Perhaps somebody from the Wilderness Team could respond and, if it is going ahead, please list some prices for local tickets.

Emma Kirkby
👍 1

Thu 8 Apr 2021, 12:08

Dear friends and residents

We hope you're all keeping well and had a lovely Easter (albeit with the very changeable weather!) An update on local residents tickets for Wilderness below:

All local tickets will be available at the Charlbury Community Centre, every Saturday (whilst stocks last). Please see below for…

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.