Green Bin Stickers

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Wed 7 Apr 2021, 12:32

Yes, all too right, it was buried in the Promotions box. I'll try to remember to look next time.

Matt Wells
👍 1

Tue 6 Apr 2021, 16:10 (last edited on Tue 6 Apr 2021, 16:11)

I noticed our email reminder by chance, as it was tucked away in the 'Promotions' inbox, rather than the 'Primary' inbox. Some people may have it in their 'Spam' box.

Liz Leffman
👍 3

Tue 6 Apr 2021, 14:16

Anyone who requested a green bin license in early March ought to have received it some weeks ago - if you haven't can I suggest that you call WODC on 01993 861000 and let them know it hasn't arrived as they can check on the computer while you wait to see if they had the request and can then organise for it to be sent if it went astray. Charlie is correct, they are allowing a 2-3 week grace period so your bins will be collected without a new sticker for the next few weeks.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 6 Apr 2021, 12:37 (last edited on Tue 6 Apr 2021, 13:10)

I hate to say "I'm alright Jack" but I got an email reminder, paid and got the sticker last week.

I think I'm correct in observing that the annual fee has gone up from £30 to £35?  If so, a shocking increase, considering that there's also been an increase in Council Tax.

Might use the compost bin instead next year if this carries on, although the woody bits don't break down so easily...

I wonder if part of the problem is remote working?  Logistically it can't be easy figuring out who had a licence last year, especially with a new computer system, and working from home.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Apr 2021, 11:41

We didn’t get a reminder either and bought ours on line last Tuesday!  Awaiting stickers.

Wendy Bull
👍

Mon 5 Apr 2021, 22:39

We didn’t have our reminder either. We had an email reminder last year, but nothing for this year. I only renewed last night after reading the forum. It is annoying as they probably won’t take our green bins this week.

Brigid Sturdy
👍 1

Mon 5 Apr 2021, 11:37

I didn't receive a reminder from WODC this year. Has anyone else had the same experience?

sharon harris
👍 3

Mon 5 Apr 2021, 07:42

I have used my receipt of payment stuck on my bin while waiting for sticker to arrive each year. 

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 4 Apr 2021, 23:29

Thank you. Very helpful. 

Charlie M
👍 1

Sun 4 Apr 2021, 23:28

I was told that there would be maybe 2-3 weeks of leeway.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 4 Apr 2021, 20:30

Thank you, Harriet. Was the person told whether the bins would be collected even in the absence of a sticker? The receipt that I printed off said that this would not be the case.

Harriet Baldwin
👍 1

Sun 4 Apr 2021, 20:25

Mine and my mother's arrived last week. I think they may also be printing in batches as I was told by someone that she'd asked where hers was and was told they were going to the printer's on 12 April. 

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 4 Apr 2021, 19:28

I signed up and paid for Green Bin licences in early March, but do not yet seem to have received the stickers. Are others in the same position? Or has my envelope gone astray?  

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.