Town centre fingerpost

Jim Holah
👍 2

Sun 4 Apr 2021, 09:02

I've got some hammerite black paint....

Graham Wisker
👍 2

Sat 3 Apr 2021, 22:36

The 'Elm Crescent' sign is in my front garden and have been meaning to paint it for years, so you have both given me inspiration to do so.  PS: Has any one got any gloss black paint!!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 10

Sat 3 Apr 2021, 20:05 (last edited on Sat 3 Apr 2021, 20:05)

Yes was me, thought that since we coming out of lockdown the sign needed a spruce up, maybe if everyone could do the same to just one sign near to where they live then Charlbury could look a more welcoming place just an idea.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Sat 3 Apr 2021, 19:46

Well done Tim then! And Hannen too.

For my part I bought a can of graffiti remover spray off eBay and cleaned the graffiti tag from the sign at the top of Dyers Hill, which had been annoying me for ages.

Jody O'Reilly
👍 2

Sat 3 Apr 2021, 18:39

I’ve wanted to straighten the arms of the nine acres crossroads one for ages but it’s a bit beyond my strength unfortunately. 

Hannen Beith
👍 6

Sat 3 Apr 2021, 18:06

My wife and I have been cleaning the one at Fiveways for years.  Not easy as we have to get a stepladder and mop and bucket with warm water and detergent.  We also empty the rubbish from the obsolete bus shelter and wipe the windows.  If anyone else wants to join the "rota" please pm me here!

Most grateful to the Town Council for the bin on the bus stop (which I used to empty weekly,) but now Ubico do it. Another "thank you" to the town council. Also for the "new" dog poo bin along the way.  

All makes Charlbury a better place to live.

Lynne Stubbles
👍 2

Sat 3 Apr 2021, 17:14

Tim widdows  ! 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 4

Sat 3 Apr 2021, 12:12

I’m not sure whether it was a public-spirited citizen or Oxfordshire County Council, but thank you to whoever has cleaned the arms of the fingerpost in front of the Rose & Crown!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.