Electoral registration

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 6 Oct 2008, 12:09

Got this email this morning from the council:

"I regret that due to a glitch a number of telephone registration details were not uploaded onto the database. This did not become apparent until the reminders were sent out and we received a large number of telephone calls.

"I can now confirm that the outstanding details (including yours) have been uploaded and your name will appear on the register when it is published on 1st December and there is no further action that you need to take.

"I would apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused."

So it was a 'glitch'. That's all right then: no worries. Good job people told them: after a month or more they hadn't found out for themselves. And he's talking about telephone registrations: mine was an internet registration. So BOTH went wrong. Never mind, it's what we pay our council tax for. I believe in council tax for good purposes, but not for this...

len
👍

Sat 4 Oct 2008, 17:04

well for peeps that are supposedly intelligent peeps u r a bit slo if u think that de system works as easy as that .

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sat 4 Oct 2008, 14:41

I completed mine on line but havent received anything yet.

Cathryn Taylor
👍

Sat 4 Oct 2008, 14:33

I got the same but had completed mine over the telephone

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 4 Oct 2008, 13:53

I completed my 'voter registration' online -- the form said it would save the council money if I did. I had an email acknowledgement. That was September 8. Today (October 3) I get a reminder in the post. So it hasn't saved them anything. Has anyone else had this crap service?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.