Charlbury Charity Book Sales.

John Partington
👍 1

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 18:35

Seconding Clive's courteous message!

I also deal in books semi-professionally, and will be happy to sell books for anyone .. online or by auction .. with the proceeds going to you as vendor, or to a charity of your choice or to any combination of the two.

I have an increasingly large stock of local-interest books, some vintage and some new .. the new ones being ex Wychwood Press stock and being sold to raise money for CRAG (amongst other beneficiaries).  Details here.

You can order through Abe, or else save yourself postage costs (and me the platform fees) by contacting me direct.

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍 1

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 15:01

Charlbury benefits from having two charities taking donated books and selling them. One is run by John Partington on behalf of The Corner House. The other is run by me (Clive Gibson-Leitch) on behalf of Charlbury Refugee Action Group (CRAG). We are in no sense in competition with each other, and indeed co-operate with each other. So, you can donate books to either charitable cause. I have talked to John on this matter, and hope that this posting clears up any confusion about it. You can contact John on john@pjohnp.me.uk, and Clive on capricornclive@aol.com if you have any further questions.

And if there is another charity in Charlbury involved in bookselling please forgive me for not mentioning you!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.