NeighbourWoof Watch

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 19 Mar 2021, 23:26 (last edited on Fri 19 Mar 2021, 23:32)

Heather will have a look at those sites  thanks for the suggestion 

And thanks Deborah the site is proving popular it's a shame its needed in the first place.

With over 8000 members in 2 weeks of starting it up and still growing.

Deborah Longshaw
👍 1

Fri 19 Mar 2021, 22:42

Thank you Tim for setting this brilliant page up. These are indeed dark times. A dog walk now involves arming oneself with a personal alarm, indelible spray paint, plus something hard (which cannot be construed by the Police as a lethal weapon) to bop the **#@£  attempting to take your four legged friend plus locking your lead onto your dog’s collar/harness. Crazy!!
As the owner of a new puppy, I now am scrutinising every Tom, Dick & Harriet who appear to look remotely dodgy, clutching at my can of spray paint ready to do battle. I loathe these lowlives who have created so much misery & robbed me of the pleasure I once enjoyed when out walking my dog. 
Thus Tim’s FB page is a vital weapon in the battle to try to make the theft of a dog, so down right difficult these vile idiots will go back to shoplifting or what ever other ways they had of funding their next fix or drugs deal. 
Hopefully, as well, the Government will help us in this battle by increasing the sentence for those involved in this heartbreaking crime.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 14 Mar 2021, 09:27

Tim 

Do you think it would be a good idea to post on The Wychwood Post Facebook and the Ascott under Wychwood Facebook pages with your idea.  I believe Milo was from this area.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 1

Thu 11 Mar 2021, 10:56

Please take the time to do this survey thankyou

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/dogtheft

Neighbourhood Watch Network is supporting Sussex's Police and Crime Commissioner, Katy Bourne, who, in partnership with the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners (APCC), has created an online survey designed to understand the public’s perception of dog theft, enforcement, and the prosecution of offenders.

The survey includes a question seeking views on whether dogs should be treated in law merely as property when they are stolen. Having a common understanding of how the public feels about this issue will help inform discussions that PCCs and NWN will have nationally, as well as allow police forces to better understand the public’s views.

Mrs Bourne said: "Pet theft, dog theft in particular, is a growing concern for the public and their fear has been perpetuated over the last couple of weeks with shocking reports in the media of more dogs being snatched by criminals.

Neighbourhood Watch Network have just been approached to help support this campaign so apologies for the short notice as the survey closes on Friday12th March. Please, if you can, and haven't already, take a couple of minutes to complete the survey as your support and views are really valuable to us.

Graeme Hall
👍 5

Wed 10 Mar 2021, 13:19

Chows! Beautiful. Stubborn...? Uh-huh! :)

Anyway let's not hijack the thread. Tim's idea is great. Many people taking little actions makes a big difference.

Rachel Cooper
👍 3

Tue 9 Mar 2021, 21:12 (last edited on Wed 10 Mar 2021, 08:57)

Oh my Graeme Hall!  I own the hairdressers in market street and may  have spotted you. Yes I’m a creepy stalker. I have shown and kept dogs for over 20 years and in total awe of your work. Have a crazy stubborn Chow that needs your attention if your interested.
The dog world is crazy out there atm for cashing in. Something needs to be done and we need to protect our four legged friends. Well done to neighbourwoof watch! 

Jean Adams
👍 1

Tue 9 Mar 2021, 18:49 (last edited on Tue 9 Mar 2021, 18:53)

I have sent it to family in pr with dogs thank you.

Graeme Hall
👍 3

Mon 8 Mar 2021, 21:14

You're a good man, Mr Widdows! The thinking is spot on. Making stolen dogs too hot to handle will turn things around and 'more the merrier' is absolutely the way to go. I'd like to help spread the word. Drop me a line!

Sandra Miller
👍 1

Mon 8 Mar 2021, 15:14

Well done Tim xxxx

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 1

Mon 8 Mar 2021, 13:29

Yes that's great news regarding "Milo" Christine, think that was the power of click and share on similar groups with over 150000 shares on social media. 

Christine Battersby
👍 4

Mon 8 Mar 2021, 12:57

Pleased to report Milo has now been found at Sainsbury's, Kiddlington.

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Mon 8 Mar 2021, 12:39

Nice one Tim!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 10

Mon 8 Mar 2021, 12:28 (last edited on Thu 11 Mar 2021, 10:59)

After seeing that 4 1/2 month old Dachshund called "Milo" was stolen from a locked the car in Chipping Norton the other day, it got me thinking that there were far too many dog thefts going on and they were getting more and more local which is becoming very alarming, so I decided to set up a Facebook group called "NeighbourWoof Watch" on Saturday afternoon barely 6 days after setting this up we currently have 6500 members from all over the country and the numbers are still growing, the group allows any members to post lost or stolen dog information that they come across online to help raise awareness and hopefully make any stolen dog "Too hot to handle" so please do take the time to take a look and feel free to join and help spread the word yes there are lots of other similar groups out there but in this case the more the merrier. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.