Hare Coursing

Sam Bose
👍 4

Wed 10 Mar 2021, 18:01

Thank you very much for sharing this info William, it is devastating to hear this is going on around Charlbury. My wife and I are keen wildlife photographers and hares are our favourite animal to photograph so we are always concerned about hare coursing activity in the area. We will certainly be keeping a very close eye out for any suspicious activity.

We volunteer for the Oxfordshire badger group who work closely with our local wildlife crime officer. We know that he is extremely good at following up on reports of wildlife crime in the area, so please, if anyone sees anything suspicious report this to the police and hopefully they will be caught.

Nicola Leyland
👍 8

Sat 6 Mar 2021, 12:11

I think it's useful to have titbits of local information put on this website, tells us what to keep our eyes open for and to recognize the things that can be going on right under our noses.

Lesley Algar
👍 1

Sat 6 Mar 2021, 10:25

Perhaps contact League Against Cruel Sports as they often work with the police to stop this cruel activity.

Charlie M
👍 1

Sat 6 Mar 2021, 07:25

Do we know any more about this? I can't help thinking that it would have been better to quietly notify the police rather than splashing it over a website; I am sure that evil detritus such as these would keep well attuned to any "local internet activity". I hope they are nailed and locked up for a long time.

William Robinson
👍 1

Fri 5 Mar 2021, 13:02

This was posted on the Nextdoor Digest website yesterday, 4 March:

Charlbury | It’s been reported to the police but some men were seen hare coursing just outside Charlbury this morning.... See more

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.