Brilliant Postman

Amanda Epps
👍 3

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 22:11

Our regular postie on The Green has been so thoughtful during the crisis.  When I’ve had parcels, he has balanced them on the rail near the door so I didn’t have to pick them up from the step.  Once, he even managed to balance three in a pile at once!

James Goad
👍 8

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 16:35

I did wonder where Pete was. I hope he’s better soon!

Leah Fowler
👍 3

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 14:44

When Derek got Maundy money, the invitation was postmarked Buckingham Palace , Carla was so excited she came and told us to open the postbox! 

Eileen Hipgrave
👍 4

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 14:18

Carla is a brilliant postie. She always goes out of her way to be helpful. An absolute treasure 

Andrew Chapman
👍 3

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 14:15

The posties here are all just amazing - they're one of the (many) truly lovely things about living in this community. 

Susie Burnett
👍 4

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 13:12 (last edited on Thu 25 Feb 2021, 13:13)

Carla does our round and she is brilliant, too - she has been known to come and find me if I'm out as she knows I'm likely to be around somewhere, or stop if she sees me after a failed delivery to ensure I get my post without having to go to Chippy!

Father Clive Dytor
👍 3

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 13:01

If you see Carla or the other regular girls they will pass on good wishes which I know Pete would appreciate.

Judy kinchella
👍 1

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 09:21

I spoke to the post lady a couple of days ago and she said when Pete returns to work he will be doing the Spelsbury round. He will cover holidays etc, so we may still see him from time to time. 

Harriet Peters
👍 3

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 08:59

Clive, I had been worrying about Pete - thanks for letting us know. Very sorry to hear.  How can we pass on our best wishes I wonder?

Debbie howse 2
👍 2

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 08:17

Rearly sorry to hear about Pete.  Hope he is on the road to a full recovery. 

Christine Battersby
👍 4

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 08:09

Very sorry to hear about Postie Pete. I wish him a swift and complete recovery. 

stephen cavell
👍 5

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 07:11

I was impressed with our Postie yesterday. I was having a doorstep conversation with a visitor - doorstep to our six flats - when he delivered the post. He drew my attention to the fact that the mail had not been collected from one of the boxes for the past 3/4 days. was I sure the owner was OK. I checked and all is OK.

Father Clive Dytor
👍 7

Thu 25 Feb 2021, 06:51

People may be wondering where Postie Pete is these days...he has been seriously ill with Covid and now complications. He is another wonderful unsung servant of the community .

Jody O'Reilly
👍 7

Wed 24 Feb 2021, 21:36

I love our post people, they’ve been a brilliant cheerful element of constancy through this strange year. 

Pat Court
👍 19

Wed 24 Feb 2021, 20:51

I was expecting a birthday present from grandchildren to be delivered today but unfortunately I was in the garden and didn't hear the postman so was disappointed to find I would have to go and collect it tomorrow from Chippy. A while later and a knock at the door revealed the amazing Postie had returned to try and deliver it again as he realised it was a present to a Grandma!. How thoughtful of him and lovely to receive my present. Many thanks for brilliant service Royal Mail. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.