Doggy Doodoo

James Styring
👍 1

Tue 16 Feb 2021, 09:52

Gareth, might mark poos out handily for kids to avoid but didn't it look awful?

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Tue 16 Feb 2021, 09:31

What worked in Scotland was an occasionally brutally direct accompanying campaign to make people aware their irresponsible behaviour had been noticed and was being watched.  It was disruptive, frequently coarse and most importantly it had the desired effect.

Jim Holah
👍 1

Mon 15 Feb 2021, 22:15

Gareth, we did that here some years ago, sadly it had little lasting effect.

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Mon 15 Feb 2021, 22:06

When I was staying in Scotland we had a great community group that sprayed the offending items with dayglo paint (that drained away quicker than Gigaclear’s efforts on The Green), and posted the locations on social media.  It had a positive effect.  I have heard of such techniques being used in surrounding villages; at the very least, it serves as a visible reminder to dog owners.

Hannen Beith
👍 5

Mon 15 Feb 2021, 17:48

It's a real shame as the Town Council have been great at putting up poo bins.  It's so inconsiderate, and lazy.  Perhaps it's not the dogs but the owners who should be microchipped. 

John Kearsey
👍 1

Mon 15 Feb 2021, 17:42

There seems to have been an increase in the the number of poop fairies. I know some people collect the bags at the end of a circular walk, but others clearly do not. There are two or three full bags that have built up over a number of days by the gate from Quarry Lane into Centenary Wood. I can never understand why people go to the trouble of bagging the poo but can't be bothered to carry it to the bin. At least during the cold snap it would keep their hands warm!

Eileen Hipgrave
👍 1

Mon 15 Feb 2021, 16:07

I see someone has dumped a filled dog poo bag on the pavement opposite Cornbury Park. It was such a lovely walk in better temperatures today, but seeing that bag rather spoilt the landscape and my walk. It’s bad enough having to dodge people to stay safe while walking, but really!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.