yes what is a Jane accent

Heather Williams
👍 3

Sat 6 Feb 2021, 12:58

What's a "Jane:" accent I am intrigued

Simon Walker
👍 1

Sat 6 Feb 2021, 12:55

And to cap it all, this morning's call (from 'Jane', with a very un-Jane accent) claimed to be from a company that knew that we are getting lots of unsolicited calls and can stop them for us.  You couldn't make it up, could you ....?

Harriet Baldwin
👍 3

Fri 5 Feb 2021, 19:31

This isn't new, I've been taking this kind of call, and ones about insurance for various things (boiler, washing machine, tv, basically anything they can think of) to my mother's landline for the past 5 years. I think once they've got your number you'll find you get a whole lot more, unless you can block the numbers making them. 

Simon Walker
👍 2

Fri 5 Feb 2021, 13:07

In case you're wondering about getting your central heating boiler serviced now the worst of the winter is over, rest assured that the phone scam folks have just worked out an new wheeze for trying to con you out of your credit card details.  We just had an unsolicited call from a chap calling himself 'Harry' (with a very un-Harry accent) who offered a reduction in our annual boiler service cost from £250 to an amazing £180!  Unfortunately, he didn't think that his 'company' (un-named, of course) could handle a property with underfloor heating, so he had to withdraw his kind offer before we got to the expletive stage of the conversation.  Anyway, beware - they're now using boilers to get at bank accounts.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.