Getting to Carterton Health Centre for a COVID vaccine

Meryl Smith
👍 2

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 18:41

I have alerted Thames Water to the need to keep the road from Charlbury to Burford open for COVID vaccine traffic on Friday morning.

At 18.38 on Thursday evening there is access down the road towards the station and beyond by going round the green at the junction of Dyers Hill and Church Lane.

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 18:00

Road closed at 5.15 when I tried to go through had to get home via Dean

Joanne Fox
👍

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 15:59

Dyers Hill at Church Lane they are replacing drain Friday am. 

Single lane traffic.  

Robin Taylor
👍 1

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 12:52 (last edited on Thu 21 Jan 2021, 15:26)

I just want to flag this up, I don’t know what the situation will be tomorrow, but this morning, there are signs saying 'road closed ahead' all the way down the Burford Road after the Chadlington turn, as you come into Charlbury past the station. The road was open, however.

Edit. Walked down  this afternoon. As you come down Nine Acres, there is no mention of anything, until you turn the corner and suddenly come to two signs half way across the road down Thames Street, one says 'Road closed ahead', and the other one says 'Diversion' with a LEFT hand arrow.( The only place you can go left down there is under the archway at the White Hart!). At the green triangle on Church Lane, there is a Thames Water sign, saying works will be completed by January 25th. We accosted two Thames Water surveyors nearby, who said they knew nothing about it, and maybe someone had reported a leak, and they were coming to fix it some time. Currently, there is no sign of any work, and the road remains open.

Steve Jones
👍 1

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 11:54 (last edited on Thu 21 Jan 2021, 11:55)

I had to take my mother (who's 89) to have her jab yesterday, albeit at a different centre in Aylesbury. My 92 year old aunt isn't due to have hers until the beginning of February in the same place, so Charlbury is doing fairly well in that respect. In any event, the venue at Aylesbury was well organised too with marshals in attendance. Unlike hospital appointments, it all happens pretty well on time - which is has to, or there would be chaotic backlogs.

Many thanks to all those who've done the organisations for this. If there was chaos at more than a few vaccination centres, then I'm sure the news media would be full of it.

I'm in priority group 5, so I doubt I'll be getting my vaccination until towards the end of February, and then only if the supplies hold up.

john h
👍 4

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 11:21

I usually go via Crawley to Carterton, on Tues I went to have jab via the Burford route, total problem free journey, arrived early. We were seen early, what a very well organised exercise, full marks to all involved. Can't wait for the next jab!!. 

John Harrison 

Meryl Smith
👍 1

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 08:43

ATIC suggests that the best route to Carterton Health Centre is to go via Burford. Go through Burford across the bridge from the A361 and up to the main road roundabout. Turn Left onto the A40 towards Witney and Oxford. Then almost immediately turn Right onto the B4020 signposted Carterton, RAF Brize Norton and Burford Garden Company.

On the B4020 go past the Burford Garden Company and carry on down the B4020 into Carterton. Carry straight along the road towards Carterton town centre. You will come to traffic lights – go straight across towards the town centre (crossing Upavon Way). Continue straight down the road to the next set of traffic lights in the town centre. Turn Right into Alvescot Road. The Health Centre is on the right just past the Library. (The second Original Factory Shop building is opposite.)

If you would like an annotated map of the town centre (containing these directions) to complement the map provided by the Charlbury Medical Centre, you can download one from the ATIC page in the Community section of this website (Charity and World) or email charlburyalltogether@gmail.com. There are also copies at Cornerstone at the Corner House.

ATIC wants to help Charlbury residents who have been called for a COVID vaccine at Carterton and need transport. If you are in this position and cannot call on a family member or friend to get you to your vaccine, call our usual call centre number 01993 776277 (9.00 to 1.00 Mon-Fri or leave an answerphone message) and we will see what we can do.  Please give us as much notice of a request, as you can (but we know that you can only do this when you have been contacted yourself!).

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.