Amazon warning

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Sat 16 Jan 2021, 19:27

Joking aside and the warning from the Deli duly heeded, I have been very grateful to Jeff Bezos, and more particularly, to The Washington Post, during the last few tumultuous weeks in Washington D.C. I am glad he managed to retain 75% ownership, despite his costly divorce. 

I took out a subscription a few weeks before the U.S. election,  and have been really glad to read its journalists' take on Trump's lies and the attempted right-wing coup. And, of course, it's all still going on.

Although The Guardian and the FT cover many of the stories, it's good to read the coverage of those based in D.C. 

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Sat 16 Jan 2021, 14:39

Absolutely essential imo!

Alex Flynn
👍 2

Sat 16 Jan 2021, 12:47

Hannen, I hear poor Jeff has fallen on hard times only being worth an estimated 135 billion pounds. Do you think we might need need to do a whip around? 

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Fri 15 Jan 2021, 18:17

Was it Jeff Bezos?

Lynne Stubbles
👍 1

Fri 15 Jan 2021, 17:03

Today I had a delivery from Amazon who didnt knock and just left my parcel on the doorstep even though we were at home. At the same time the amazon man helped himself to a parcel that was on the doorstep from Next. Be aware !! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.