Covid good news

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 15 Jan 2021, 18:10 (last edited on Fri 15 Jan 2021, 18:14)

Thanks Andrew.

Yes, makes sense, because as I understand it (only what I've read) 1 in 3 who get it, are asymptomatic anyway!  So when I gaily tick the Zoe app to say that I feel "physically normal" I may actually be a super spreader!

Mind you, I had a home test last week - all very easy and efficient, and the result was negative, so I think I'm safe to be around for the moment.  Not that any of us can be around anyone at present.

Andrew Chapman
👍 2

Fri 15 Jan 2021, 18:03 (last edited on Fri 15 Jan 2021, 18:05)

Hannen, the Zoe app inherently has to estimate, unless every single case is reported by the sufferers - the app has clever algorithms to extrapolate the data from the information available. It generally seems to tally pretty well with the ONS data.

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 15 Jan 2021, 18:00

I've been using the Zoe app for months now.

What I have never understood is why it says the cases are "estimated".

Steve Jones
👍 1

Fri 15 Jan 2021, 15:21

It's welcome, although with such a small population, a small variation in numbers can make a big difference. A single infected household could put it back near the peak.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Fri 15 Jan 2021, 14:53 (last edited on Fri 15 Jan 2021, 14:54)

Back down to November levels:

Over and above that, Charlbury continues to have one of the lowest rates in West Oxfordshire (from the MSOA map):

The graph is from the Zoe app, which is worth installing on your phone if you don’t already have it. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.