Velux window in utility room.

Hannen Beith
👍 4

Thu 21 Jan 2021, 14:57

Thanks Jonathan.  Brilliant!

Velux were on to it straight away and their surveyor came round yesterday.

They are coming to fix it on Monday.

Saved me £250 excess and hassle.

So we've sorted the Velux, the Dishwasher, just the bathroom light switch left.

The Forum works - again!

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 14 Jan 2021, 18:11

Thanks All!

Will call Velux tomorrow!

Jonathan Coyle
👍 1

Thu 14 Jan 2021, 17:18

Call Velux direct - this is an known issue.

We had two go - they just come and replace for free

They have a special page https://velux-pw.velux.co.uk/

Jim Holah
👍 1

Thu 14 Jan 2021, 16:29 (last edited on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 18:55)

Hi.  You could try Woodstock Felt Roofing.  They fitted velux for us & seem to know what they're doing.  Jim

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 14 Jan 2021, 16:14

It's double glazed, and the innermost layer shattered sending down shards of glass, a few weeks ago.  We aren't comfortable going in there in case we get more glass dropping on our heads.  It's still water tight.

Our Insurance company have agreed to entertain the claim but naturally, they want to see a quote or two.

I've approached a Velux approved installer in Kidlington but they say they can't do anything at all until Feb at the earliest.  Really want to try and get this sorted soonest as our utility room and back door are effectively out of bounds.

Does anyone know of a local outfit who may be able to quote?  I thought of Roy Shayler, but not sure if this is his area of expertise.  I think it may just require a simple replacement.  It's ground floor so wouldn't need scaffolding (I don't think).

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.