Laptop Casing Repair Needed Urgently!

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 23 Dec 2020, 22:36

Hi Shirley,

I believe I can fix it. I can either design and 3D print some replacement case plastic or replace with a secondhand case. It looks like the display surround plastic case has been broken.

I will try to repair without spare parts first. If not successful then a spare case will be needed approx £60 on ebay.

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 23 Dec 2020, 09:48 (last edited on Wed 23 Dec 2020, 09:49)

Hi Shirley, I may be able to look at fixing it. If you can send me some pictures and the make and model number to repairs@charlburygreenhub.org.uk I will assess it remotely and we can take it from there.

So I provide a free repair service where any donations go to the Charlbury Green Hub. Spare parts that have to be bought and fitted can either be purchased directly by you or I can purchase the part and be refunded later.

I want to highlight that I do NOT fix any operating systems or software relating to Microsoft or Apple products. This is because the operating system and file-system can be accumulatively messed up over a period years and a can prove almost impossible to make the system secure, fast and fault free in a couple of hours, making it economically non-viable based on hourly labour charges, this is why I only repair the hardware or do data recovery. However if you are looking to move away from such products as Windows I can help for free to get you on to a Linux based operating system and migrate your data. Most PC hardware made in the the last 10 years can run Linux and have applications like zoom, Teams, Skype, Discord, Slack and most office software too. It normally runs faster the the Windows alternative.

Best regards

Colin     

shirley wong
👍

Mon 21 Dec 2020, 17:25

My laptop casing/shell has suddenly broken and come away from the hinge exposing a wire that is just about holding it together.  If anybody could repair I would be very grateful.  Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.