Christmas lunch??

Rod Evans
👍 1

Mon 21 Dec 2020, 18:46

Thanks to both - turkey etc will be headed to Cornerstone I hope late tomorrow morning.

Marjorie Glasgow
👍 2

Mon 21 Dec 2020, 16:02

That is so kind of you, Rod.  The Cornerstone at the Cornerhouse is open tomorrow from 10 am to 1 pm and has a fridge and a freezer.  The food would go to good use.  Anyone who would like to drop by tomorrow could take what they would like to have.  And we can put the remainder in the freezer and deliver to local families next week (or make into soups, stews, etc).

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Mon 21 Dec 2020, 15:40

There is an app I heard about on the radio today called Olio which aims to reduce food waste by sharing locally - you might want to have a look at that

Rod Evans
👍 4

Mon 21 Dec 2020, 14:38

Last year we were 16 across 4 days, this year we were still planning for 9 at different times – but are now reduced to 2!

I hadn’t the heart – or perhaps the courage – to cancel the turkey, ham, sausages etc.  I’d like to keep some but am open to suggestions on how to make best use of the rest.  No money involved – is anyone organising lunches for those who can’t?  Happy to donate!  Collecting tomorrow so would be available from the evening.  Contact me via the site…

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.