Charlbury Website November 1999

Deleted user
👍

Sat 15 Nov 2008, 15:47

Ray,
I've tried the link in your posting dated 17th. August but I am not able to see the Charlbury website on WWW.kitpix.co.uk
Any suggestions please.

Ray Marshall
👍

Mon 29 Sep 2008, 16:22

Hi Ken. The site will be back soon with a later re-run of the website but needed the webspace for a couple of weeks. Dont have anything on the Old Toll House though. Always remember the occupant riding his motorbike through Charlbury though. I know i have pix of Wesley Barrels being converted so i'll look for them. Did have a cine film of it burning down when Wesley Barrell had it but cant find it.

ken jones
👍

Fri 26 Sep 2008, 20:11

ray the web site has gone. i need a picture of the old toll house on five ways i nicked the door knocker of it just before it was demolished.

John Munro
👍

Fri 26 Sep 2008, 18:59

Thanks Roger. In particular, I would be really interested in the building that fronts onto Park Street and is now 4-7 Shilson Lane and also the detached conversion to the rear.

roger short
👍

Fri 26 Sep 2008, 12:25

John give me a few days and i will have a chat with my mother in law who has been here since 1946.I know it was a wool staplers when i was a lad in the fifties ,but if it helps i will try to find out more because i think it was owned by the shilson family .

John Munro
👍

Fri 26 Sep 2008, 09:24

Who might have access to someof the old pages, as they have now disappeared again. I was hoping to find out some history of the old Wesley Barrell factory buildings and the original Charlbury Brewery, which were mentioned on one of the old webpages

Deleted user
👍

Mon 1 Sep 2008, 18:15

I enjoyed looking at your website again Ray, I even signed the guest book, but I don't think it has worked.
Please keep in touch.
Roger

Dave Oates
👍

Mon 1 Sep 2008, 13:49

Great job Ray - I looked at the site and having looked at the Watershed page, was shocked by how much hair I had!!

Ray Marshall
👍

Mon 25 Aug 2008, 00:12

Thanks for the compliment Ken but im sure Richard is doing just as good a job. Its just that i have so much archive material and some spare webspace so it seems sensible to do a re-run of the website over the next little while. keep looking at the site and you will see many changes which took place including the demolition of the primary school

ken jones
👍

Sun 24 Aug 2008, 14:45

how nice to see the original charlbury web site for the first time.you did a great job ray why not start it up again.if you need financial backing just e mail me i will be happy to back you up. a far better site than this one. all the best ken.

john h
👍

Sun 17 Aug 2008, 23:28

spot on Ray!! glad you still keep an eye on the old Town.

john

Ray Marshall
👍

Sun 17 Aug 2008, 21:42

One thing of interest was on the News page where there was an item about the British Legion. I was using an auto spellchecker and the item relating to Bob Porrill went out as :-
"During the evening the following presentations were made by Major R N Potter. A late presentation was made to Bob Porrill who was the branch's official burglar from 1948-1978.
All the proceeds were for the Poppy Appeal."
Of course we all know Bob was the official Bugler, not Burglar and as soon as the mistake was found we corrected it but only after many a laugh was had at the Rose and Crown.

Ray Marshall
👍

Sun 17 Aug 2008, 21:05

We have uploaded the website as seen in November 1999. Not all links work now and please, please dont reply to any offers or adverts you see on the site as it's nearly 10 years old. Go to www.kitpix.co.uk to see the old website and what was happening in 1999

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.