Margaret King

Martin King
👍 3

Thu 17 Dec 2020, 20:15

Good evening everyone

Thankyou to all of you who came to the funeral or lined the route of the cortège that took mum to the church today on her final journey from her home.
We as a family are overwhelmed by the messages of support or sympathy cards with lovely descriptions of mums character , she will live on in all of us.

Thankyou

Martin king 

Martin King
👍 1

Wed 16 Dec 2020, 20:14

We have been advised the car will leave the house at 12.15pm not 12.20pm

Martin King
👍 2

Tue 15 Dec 2020, 16:46

Thankyou James and all of you for your kind words

Mum would have wished that any donations would made to Macmillan Nurses Support.

Chris Wastie
👍 1

Tue 15 Dec 2020, 15:53

i used to talk to Margaret regularly as she was a receptionist at a garage we used to deal with,she was allways happy to help i have known her family for years now...Stan her husband   A very good looking man    used to work for Smiths of witney on night work .i worked in block five & promply at 7am i think, Stan would blow revelie on a long metal conduit pipe.......

chris wastie

James Styring
👍 2

Tue 15 Dec 2020, 12:35

Hi Martin (and Stephen)

All Margaret's neighbours on Hundley Way were very sad to hear the news. Margaret was an absolute gem – if I am half as cheerful and friendly when (if) I get to her age, I'll consider it a real achievement.

The Hundley Way neighbours have been talking about getting some flowers in her memory, or is there a charity you'd prefer donations to go to?

We'll see you in the lane on Thursday.

Sarah, Liz, Geordie, Georgia, James, et al, on Hundley Way

Leah Fowler
👍 1

Tue 15 Dec 2020, 11:40 (last edited on Tue 15 Dec 2020, 14:26)

Margaret nee Lane,  Janet James  nee Davis June Kuznik nee Manners all great Charlbury characters 

R.I.P.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 1

Tue 15 Dec 2020, 09:52

Such a lovely lady.  She drove my mum around all over the place when she was alive and will be sorely missed.  Our thoughts are with your family xxx

Martin King
👍 7

Mon 14 Dec 2020, 19:32

Stephen and I are sorry to have to report that our Mum Margaret King passed peacefully away in hospital on the 1st December 2020.
She was a very long term resident of Charlbury having lived the the town for over 84 years, and then only moving from Finstock at age 5 with her mother Ellen Lane into St Benets in Church Lane.

She was for a good part of her life a taxi driver for a succession of owners of the garage in market street. Even into her 80’s she would collect her friends from Combe or Middle Barton in her car and go to lunch at the Old Shed or elsewhere. She will be sadly missed by us all .

In line with the current restrictions on the number of attendees , we are so sorry that all of her friends and acquaintances cannot attend her funeral.

It is our intention to start her final journey from her home on the 17th December in Hundley way and make its way down the Enstone road to Bull corner and then down to St Marys Church for the 12.30pm funeral, and after, leaving the Church along Church Lane to Nine acres Lane and onward to Banbury. 
Should any of you wish to watch her pass by, we will be leaving her home at around 12.20pm

All of the family hopes that any lasting memories of her will be of a caring women with a great sense of humour who not only loved Charlbury , but also the people who lived here.

Martin King 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.