What a lovely surprise!

Flora Gregory
👍

Fri 18 Dec 2020, 12:12

Thanks Suzy for that info ! Is that also on Park Street then ?

Suzy M-H
👍

Tue 15 Dec 2020, 19:15

We had one in the summer (two doors down from Pre-School) and Sue next door to Pre-School says she has one which may be the same one but perhaps not. 

Flora Gregory
👍 4

Mon 14 Dec 2020, 13:43

That's great news. Less tidying so hedgehogs can have have a peaceful hibernation ! Would be really interested in hearing about any other Charlbury Hedgehog activity in and around Park street, so we can add them to the Charlbury Hedgehog map. We have about a dozen signs of our hedgehogs so far through footprints, scat and sightings -  mostly on the edges of town, it looks like we  have more or less lost them in the centre.  How will Charlbury Hedgehogs who make it through the winter get to meet each other in the Spring, so that the population has a chance of increasing ? Opening our wild gardens, and wildlife corridors through our town...

Liz Leffman
👍 4

Mon 14 Dec 2020, 09:16

That's very interesting, Liz, as we met a hedgehog in our garden a couple of months ago.  It may well be that this is the same hedgehog or a close relative and if so it is good that they can run between gardens in Park St.

Liz Reason
👍 12

Sun 13 Dec 2020, 14:18

I was doing some autumn clearing of shrubs and lingering weeds, when I started on a big file of autumn leaves which seemed to have go trapped between various plants.  Imagine my surprise when my prodding led to the leaves shifting... I had found a hedgehog hibernation place!  How utterly delightful... We haven't seen a hedgehog in our garden for years, and that one was dead.  So perhaps the work of the town council's nature work is already having an effect.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.