Doctor

Janet Walker
👍 1

Fri 11 Dec 2020, 20:59

Fourth time lucky and I finally spoke to a most sympathetic and friendly doctor at our local practice.

I agree with Sam, people should pay for missed appointments!

Sam Small
👍 3

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 23:10

I suppose they run this sort of on-the-day booking  system to minimize the chances of people missing appointments. Begs the question then why not charge people, say, £50 for every missed appointment.

Alex Flynn
👍 1

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 22:11

I  really dread getting ill the way things are going! 

Amanda Epps
👍 1

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 19:43

Janet, I rang at 8 this morning and had no problem getting a call back later.  Tell them that it’s urgent that you talk to a doctor.

Janet Walker
👍

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 18:21

Thanks Wendy. I am not looking for an existing prescription but need a completely new one from a doctor. Will try my luck at 8 a.m. sharp tomorrow.

Wendy Bailey
👍 1

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 17:04

Perhaps the chemist might have a direct line for prescription enquiries ?

Stephen Andrews
👍 1

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 16:05

Good question. According to the reception response I received yesterday to request a non-urgent call from my GP, unless you join the phone queue at 8am for an (urgent) appointments on the day, there were no booked appointments available before Christmas. When I said I could wait longer, I was told that I could ring back next week, when the 2021 diary should have been uploaded on the computer system. I shall be reverting to pen and paper! 

Janet Walker
👍

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 15:39

Does anyone know how to contact a GP in Charlbury when one is not dangerously ill but it’s good requires five mins maximum on the phone in order to ask for a much needed prescription.

I phoned our Surgery at 8 a.m. and was told to ring back at 2 p.m. which I did. Response was that I should phone again  at 8 a.m.tomorrow. Next it will be the weekend when the surgery will be closed.

Any suggestions?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.