Britain from Above

John D
👍

Wed 13 Aug 2008, 18:59

John, it was about 8 minutes in. BBC iplayer gives me a very fuzzy rendition and the programme played at a rapid speed. I recall being on the platform when the 'cherry picker' was there but could not pause the programme effectively nor recognise people

John Munro
👍

Wed 13 Aug 2008, 15:00

Appreciate that it may have only lasted a few seconds, but just wondered which 'subject' Andrew Marr was dealing with at the time, so that I could possibly pinpoint it in the programme?

John Stanley
👍

Wed 13 Aug 2008, 10:45

The part showing Charlbury in Sunday 10th August lasted only a few seconds.

According to FGW's Chief Operating Officer, Andrew Haines', message in the Cotswold Line Promotion Group's Newsletter, Charlbury and Moreton-in-Marsh will feature again in the "Britain from Above" programme likely to be broadcast on BBC1 on Sunday 24th August, this time showing, in time lapse, the car parks filling up and trains departing.

The filming, which took place from a "cherry picker" placed in the car park at the station, shows Charlbury station from an unusual angle.

John Munro
👍

Wed 13 Aug 2008, 09:44

At what point roughly was it in the programme as don't have time to watch the whole thing?

derek
👍

Tue 12 Aug 2008, 08:19

also on 01.35am fri night/saturday morning BBC2, with the extra 30min programme shown immediatley after.

John Dora
👍

Mon 11 Aug 2008, 22:10

Charlbury (and Moreton in Marsh) stations featured on this BBC programme Sunday night. See it again on the BBC website and on BBC Iplayer

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.