Lost parcel from Hermes

Sarah McVey
👍 1

Tue 15 Dec 2020, 13:14

I had a delayed Hermes delivery recently, however it did arrive only a day late (with several updates on expected arrival time in the meantime).  I spoke to the delivery driver who said he had 300 parcels to deliver in Charlbury on that day! He was really apologetic about the delay but it was fine as they'd kept me updated.  I have to say, it's only ever Hermes I have issues with, on this occasion they were fine, but it does make me think about ordering from companies that use them.

Laura Noble
👍 1

Fri 11 Dec 2020, 15:50

I've emailed the Hermes address a couple of times now about a package that wasn't delivered during this time, but I'm not getting a response. Any tips for me?!

Eleanor Draycott
👍

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 22:41 (last edited on Thu 10 Dec 2020, 02:19)

Mary Heckman
👍

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 09:42

Tried to send an email to the address Susie provided but got the message "Message could not be sent". Does anyone have a phone number or email contact that will work for Hermes. We still have not received a parcel addressed to Richard Heckman.

michele marietta
👍 3

Tue 8 Dec 2020, 21:30 (last edited on Tue 8 Dec 2020, 21:31)

I had my parcel delivered by a very nice Hermes driver this evening who apologized that it was late as it was supposed to have been delivered by 6pm.

I let the driver know that it was actually only 5:45! He was very busy and said that he still had about 150 parcels to go before 'quitting for the evening'. That's a lot of driving.

I sent him on his way with some Christmas chocolates and a hearty thank you.

There are so many delivery people who DO do their job well and correctly. I'm very VERY thankful that I don't have to do deliveries these days to make ends meet; many do.

Miranda Higham
👍

Tue 8 Dec 2020, 17:38

Update- mine (a carbon monoxide detector) was due 1st December. Still not received so Amazon are processing a refund.

At least it’s resolved and I will purchase from a real shop instead.

Gillian Grason
👍

Tue 8 Dec 2020, 17:04

My order was re processed and sent express delivery.  I received it this afternoon from ‘James’ who is new and local!  Apparently last weeks orders were done by a man from Northampton who did not know the area. 

Sara Mullen
👍 1

Tue 8 Dec 2020, 12:01

Just to put some human context into this, I had my next day delivery parcel from Hermes delivered on Saturday as planned albeit a few minutes late. The driver looked very hassled and told me that he was delivering 100 items (apart from his others) that day just in Charlbury. I have read that some of these drivers are expected to deliver between 700 and 800 parcels during an eight hour shift. 

Susie Burnett
👍

Tue 8 Dec 2020, 10:30 (last edited on Tue 8 Dec 2020, 10:49)

Hayley, if it was due for delivery on the 1 or 2 Dec, then you need to contact Hermes via the email I gave previously giving the incident number, as this is an issue with delivery by a third party that affects all deliveries to Charlbury by Hermes on those days and needs to be part of the overall investigation. In normal circumstances you need to contact the supplier, but in this case Hermes need to know the scale of the problem - if you only let the supplier know, it will look like an isolated issue, when in fact this is a serious problem involving use of a third party delivery company to cover the increased orders resulting from Black Friday weekend.

Hayley Coyle
👍

Tue 8 Dec 2020, 09:37

Mine was also reported as lost, however John Lewis have already replaced what they can and refunded the rest. 

You need to go back to the retailer to resolve a lost parcel, not Hermes. You’ll just be wasting your time otherwise. 

Laura Noble
👍

Tue 8 Dec 2020, 08:34

Our Hermes package from last week is reported lost as well, ridiculous! 

Ray Jones
👍

Mon 7 Dec 2020, 17:13

Missing parcel for me too! Was expecting a delivery from Jigsaw at the beginning of last week which has still not arrived. I've just spoken to their Customer Service department and been informed that Hermes should have delivered (I don't have tracking details so didn't know who it was with). They're chasing it up for me as they think it's gone missing, but apparently can only contact Hermes via email, which could mean a delay of 2-3 business days before they hear back. I've also emailed the Hermes Support address which Susie gave so I'm keeping everything crossed, but if anyone comes across a parcel from Jigsaw for Liz Jones do let me know!

Maureen Nash
👍

Mon 7 Dec 2020, 16:17 (last edited on Mon 7 Dec 2020, 19:04)

Gillian have you tried contacting Hermes via the email address provided by Susie in this thread? I received a second phone call from them this morning to check that my parcel had arrived on Saturday (which it had). I hope that you get your issue resolved and quickly!

Gillian Grason
👍

Mon 7 Dec 2020, 15:33

I should have had a parcel delivered on the 2nd December from Weird Fish via Hermes.  This was my first order and after contacting me they told me it was delayed and would be delivered between the 5th & 7th.  I have now been told it is LOST!

Joanne Fox
👍

Sun 6 Dec 2020, 18:34

Hurray! Parcel from last week arrived tonight!

Same delivery guy!

He’s a star!

There’s hope for Hermes if they employ folks like him. 

Karen Biles
👍

Sun 6 Dec 2020, 16:16

Still no parcel 

Joanne Fox
👍 1

Sat 5 Dec 2020, 19:16

Hallelujah! 

Received Parcel 2

Parcel 1 still MIA

Made sure the driver knew how pleased I was!

Maureen Nash
👍 1

Sat 5 Dec 2020, 18:36

I also had a phone apology this afternoon and, even better, my parcel has just arrived. I hope everyone else has theirs now. Thanks to Susie Burnett and spouse for coordinating info. This has been a great example of the effectiveness of the forum! 

Leah Fowler
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2020, 18:18 (last edited on Sat 5 Dec 2020, 20:00)

I've joined the club ! 

No it's arrived!  

Sarah Khoja
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2020, 17:23

My parcels finally arrived today.

Joanne Fox
👍 1

Sat 5 Dec 2020, 13:38

Just got a call to confirm they recognise they had a problem in our postcode. 

And are tracking all deliveries

Which is a first with Hermes who never supply a name or phone number or email!

Hope they get this sorted today.  

Never had a problem w other delivery services. 

There is a woman delivery person who knows the area and is always on time.  Unless you get her, it’s a problem.  

Sarah Khoja
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2020, 13:13

My parcels are due to arrive today and I just got a call from Hermes to confirm this. She said they were aware of delivery issues in the area and have put on extra resources to help solve the problem. 

Laura Macy
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2020, 10:04

I also had an apologetic phone call from Hermes yesterday. He acknowledged that they'd had a major problem in this area on 1-2 December and were looking into it. He was able to confirm that the driver was not at my house when he took the photo of my package (I don't know how they can tell this and it gives me the creeps, but I'm glad in this instance that they could). The upshot was that he 'hopes' to have the package to me by Monday. 

I'm a bit disappointed because he promised me a follow up email which has not arrived. So I guess I'm in wait and see mode. But I do think this was a specific problem and it's good to hear that people are now having packages arrive on time. Without wanting to act as defender of Hermes, we are in the lead-up to Christmas in a year where home delivery ordering has increased enormously. I guess we have to expect the occasional collapse. The test for me is whether they can get back up and get everyone's packages to us in the next week.

Do contact them if you are missing something! And it might be worth posting it here. He seemed to indicate that he'd been looking at this site.

Susie Burnett
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 19:24

I'm pleased that some are now receiving parcels - we received one today too, but not the one that was supposed to be delivered at the beginning of the week, which is where the problem lies. 

I have passed on tracking references for those that contacted me this morning. However, all further contact should be made by emailing Hermes Support (myhermes@mailgb.custhelp.com) giving the following subject reference:

Hermes Executive Office [Incident: 201203-029379]. 

Please supply your name, address and tracking reference, plus the number of undelivered, or incorrectly delivered, parcels.

This is the email I am using. The reference number ensures that the correct person will look at it. 

My husband was able to reach out to the executive team through his personal contacts to ensure that Hermes were made aware urgently, hence we now have an incident number and a team of people looking into it. Now that this has been set up, please do contact them and they will log your details (they are also trying to call as many people as possible), rather than me. I hope this has been of help.

Judith Haynes
👍 1

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 19:23

It's  really strange, but, like Helen, I have no problems at all with Hermes.  Maybe I have just been lucky, but parcels always arrive on time.

Helen Wilkinson
👍 1

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 19:00

In the interests of balance, my Hermes parcel was successfully delivered today, on time and to the correct house  - in spite of the fact we are difficult to find.

Miranda Higham
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 18:49 (last edited on Fri 4 Dec 2020, 18:50)

Oh dear, I’m waiting for a Hermes delivery too. It was supposed to have arrived on the 1st Dec. Tracking says ‘delayed’.

Frank Payne
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 18:20

My experience of Hermes has been very similar to what is described here, so much so that I will not now order from any company using them. To get an idea of how others have found them, take a look at some of their reviews: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hermes.com?page=2

Joanne Fox
👍 1

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 17:24

Two parcels missing. 

Hermes are the only ones who don’t deliver. 

GPS leads to my Green Door.  I even sent a picture. 

I’ll miss Debenhams but NOT Hermes!

Helen Chapman
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 15:36

My parcel was delivered this afternoon - I hope everyone else gets theirs delivered very soon.

Susie Burnett
👍 1

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 10:39

I have had a long chat with our contact at Hermes and they are now fully aware of the situation and looking into it today - and taking it very seriously. Given the short timeframe and number of people affected, it should be fairly easy for them to get to the bottom of it. They used a third party delivery company for 1 and 2 Dec, but they have GPS so can track all movement. Undelivered parcels are hopefully still with them and for whatever reason simply not yet delivered. Hermes are trying to call everyone who has been affected today, but have asked me to collect order reference numbers for any they can't get hold of. If you would like to PM me through this site, I will forward the order details. This needs to happen this morning, so if you read this later I'm not sure I can pass them on - but hopefully all will be resolved by then!

Sarah Khoja
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 10:17

I have a voicemail from Hermes Executive Office advising me they are investigating my issues. He is calling back later with more news so I will also direct him to this thread. 

Susie Burnett
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 10:15 (last edited on Fri 4 Dec 2020, 10:41)

We sent a link to this thread together with an outline of the situation to someone senior at Hermes last night, so hopefully this will also draw their attention to the problem too.

john h
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 09:58

Hermes have been on the phone this ,morning and are investigating our lost packages. They seem to be aware of our problems. Watch this space.  John H

Susan Terry
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2020, 08:46

I too had a photo and notification of delivery on Wednesday evening; we were in the whole time and no delivery was made; the photo showed the package but not where it was. I chased up through the on line tracking system on the Hermes website, eventually reaching the ‘Contact Us’ facility but it’s all very clunky and unsatisfactory. Still no parcel or response from them, despite following up again yesterday. The parcel contained several items which were to be Christmas presents and now I am worried they will never turn up. 

Mandy, is there any way this can be reported to Hermes - at least a dozen deliveries to Charlbury gone missing in the space of 24 hours must surely be a concern to them.

Karen Biles
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 18:49

I had the same problem yesterday with Hermes. The photo they sent could have been anywhere.  I’ve been in touch with Sweaty Betty and they have confirmed it was delivered but not to my address. They are looking into it. Fingers crossed they locate it. 

Martin prew
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 18:41

We have had the same issues but during November, we have had 2 parcels not delivered, and have tried ringing Hermes with no luck, have emailed them also and they have come back saying it has been classed as a lost parcel.  Both times on the tracking it has said unable to deliver and when I choose to leave in a safe place they don't even try to re deliver.

Lesley Collins
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 17:35

I’ve had a similar issue. Firstly Hermes tracking showed that delivery was delayed. The following day I was notified that delivery had been attempted but I was out (I wasn’t). Finally the parcel was described as undeliverable due to damage. There definitely seems to be a major problem here. Has anyone managed to get hold of Hermes rather than the retailer?

john h
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 16:15

Sorted my problem, replacement on it way. The information the supplier had shows package mis -directed  shame I was told it had  been delivered. Did manage to talk to the delivery guy this afternoon , asked the question did he know about delivery yesterday, two grunts and of he went!!.Full marks to Jo Jo Bebe, very good customer service.  J H

Mandy cooper
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 16:14

You should have a tracking number on the parcel and who the delivery person was 

Liz Soar
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 15:59

We were also affected by the failed Hermes delivery round on Weds 3rd. I received an email telling me they had tried to deliver the parcel at 17.20 to our address on Ticknell Piece Rd, but no-one was in; in fact, we were at home and no delivery was attempted. If anyone comes across a package from Hobbycraft with children's Christmas craft materials in it, I'd be very glad to know!

Helen Chapman
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 15:41

I also have a 'delayed' parcel from Hermes - was meant to be delivered last friday - and was a replacement for a previous parcel that went missing! Mine is from M&S and I have been told to wait till Friday to follow it up, even though I've had no udpate from Hermes on it since Saturday. I also know someone else in Charlbury who has been told a parcel has been delivered by Hermes when it hasn't - hers was supposed to have come on Sunday.

Jonathan Coyle
👍 1

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 15:00

Wow - hadn't expected so many to be affected on the same day!

Feels like a scam with someone following a delivery driver around collecting everything they drop!

Laura Macy
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 14:40

I can add my voice to this, with a plea. I was due a package yesterday from Hermes. At about 6:30pm I got an email from them telling me it had been successfully delivered. It hadn't. Their evidence was a photograph of a package with my name and address sitting in the dark somewhere. Could have been a closet for all one can tell.  

I can find no way to tell Hermes this particular outcome, but I'm trying. Also trying to contact the seller, which is M&S. So far, both are impossible.

In the hope that someone on this forum received the package, I am real and I'd be grateful if you'd contact me. I know there have been delivery scams, but I really am Laura Macy and I live at 22 Ticknell Piece, which is the address on the package in the photo they provided!

Susie Burnett
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 14:12

Yes, Sarah, when I track my parcels it says that there is a problem with access too. I think possibly a temp Christmas driver who doesn't know the area and so gives up!

Mandy cooper
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 13:53

When you get your email from

Hermes you should get the name and photo of the delivery person it’s normal Jackie or scarlet and they are really good they take a photo and put a card through if your not in.

Sarah Khoja
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 13:17

I've been waiting for packages from four different retailers this week. I've had notifications that they can't access my address and that they called but I wasn't in (no card and I was in!). It's very frustrating. I have called all retailers but nothing has been done yet. There is clearly a problem with the delivery driver/ local depot, however there is no way of contacting Hermes.... The retailers can't even speak to them directly apparently! They log a complaint and have to wait for 48 hours before they receive a response...

Susie Burnett
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 13:11

I was due a parcel delivery from Hermes Monday, then received an email late in the day saying there was a problem, but no redelivery scheduled yet! Also, another parcel delivered to a neighbour and even though the neighbour showed the driver our house and said it was for us, he insisted on leaving with them - we're at home all the time. Not sure why...

Jonathan Coyle
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 13:09

You are supposed to go via the original retailer - i've logged a complaint with John Lewis who will check it out.

I think they eventually will refund you - for me the Hermes data shows the exact location they dropped it which is definitely not my house. It was simply left on the pavement by a gate...

john h
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 12:57 (last edited on Thu 3 Dec 2020, 12:59)

My package was from Jo-Jo Bebe, how do you get to complain, ? I just seem to get in a loop,any ideas?. I am expecting a delivery from Hermes today, I will try to collar the driver to see if he has any ideas. All very frustrating. The proof of delivery picture was just a black  box, so no help there. John H

Jonathan Coyle
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 12:35 (last edited on Thu 3 Dec 2020, 12:36)

I've got exactly the same problem - John Lewis delivery via Hermes - apparently delivered yesterday (2 Dec) at 1:30pm but nothing! The photo and map on the Hermes site shows a different location (The Green - even though we live off The Slade) and the package isn't there.

So if anyone has seen anything let me know.

Not really good enough to be dropping parcels at random locations - appreciate they're busy and a tough job but still!

john h
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 12:33

Same goes for me, told package was delivered yesterday at 4.50 no package to be found.  Addressed to -John Harrison contact 01608 810506. Thanks

susan king
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 11:33

Has anyone received an unexpected parcel from John Lewis delivered by Hermes around 6pm yesterday. I'm told it was delivered, but we haven't had it. Please contact Sue King on 01608 238576 if so and I'll collect. Many thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.