Can the Uk lead on climate change?

Juliette Barrell
👍 1

Sat 12 Dec 2020, 13:28

Thanks to all those who joined last nights CEE Bill online event.  For those who missed it or had difficulty in joining the virtual meeting a recording was made and will be available to view soon. 

A reminder that if you support the Climate and Ecological Emergency CEE Bill and would like to send a post card urging Robert Courts to support the Bill,  you can pick up a card from the Corner House and pop it into our collection box.

Angus B
👍 1

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 23:39 (last edited on Thu 10 Dec 2020, 23:40)

I tried to sign the petition but when my name appeared it said I lived in  Ipswich so I can’t see Mr Courts taking much notice of me!

Juliette Barrell
👍 1

Thu 10 Dec 2020, 15:11

Registrations are growing fast - you can still take part in the online CEE Bill Climate event tomorrow night by clicking on the link below and registering by selecting the Facebook option. 

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/can-the-uk-lead-on-climate-change-the-cee-bill-and-our-future-tickets-129470352309

Tim Crisp
👍 2

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 19:07 (last edited on Wed 9 Dec 2020, 19:18)

Witney Town Council have also approved a similar motion this week supporting the CEE Bill. So that list of local authorities just keeps on growing, Robert Courts should be engaging with this conversation with his constituents. Please sign the petition here asking for Robert Courts support of the CEE Bill.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 17:54

Yes Gareth,

It's a "social media" thing.  ;-)

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 16:33

Subtlety and irony are harder to pull off here, aren't they?

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 12:57

Gareth,

He won't.

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 12:55

Excellent news.  Perhaps Mr Courts will now find the online event in his in-tray and tell us how he will support the Bill?

Juliette Barrell
👍 5

Wed 9 Dec 2020, 12:51

Great News, Liz Leffman's motion to Oxfordshire County Council Councillors to urge MPs to support the CEE Bill has been passed, demonstrating that Oxfordshire is showing great leadership

The online event 'Can the UK lead on Climate Change'  is only 2 days away. If you are interested in finding out more, sign up and register for free - the event and link is listed on the 'what's on' page. 

Tim Crisp
👍 2

Thu 3 Dec 2020, 20:53

For anyone wanting to put pressure on our MP, there is a petition here asking for Robert Courts support of the CEE Bill.

Liz Leffman
👍 8

Wed 2 Dec 2020, 16:22 (last edited on Wed 2 Dec 2020, 16:23)

I am proposing a motion at OCC's full council meeting on December 8th asking councillors to urge the county's MPs to support this bill through parliament

Liz Reason
👍 3

Wed 2 Dec 2020, 15:40

Charlbury Town Council voted to become a supporter of this bill at its meeting in October.  This is an indication the council's seriousness in acting in accordance with its declaration of a climate emergency at the end of 2019.

The council's Environment Working Group (councillors and others) has put together a programme of work for 2021 and is seeking funding from the council to implement projects that all relate to understanding carbon emissions in Charlbury and around, and in how to start reducing them.  The projects include mapping our natural resources, tree management and planting, soil analysis, electric cycling and pedestrianisation, and more. 

If anyone would like to participate in any of our projects, or the Environment Working Group, please do get in touch.

Juliette Barrell
👍 4

Wed 2 Dec 2020, 14:03

Charlbury residents have joined forces with The CEE Bill Alliance Oxfordshire (CBAO) to hold an online event, Can the UK lead on climate change? - the CEE Bill and our future, taking place on Friday 11th December 5.00- 6.30pm.

This event brings together invited Oxfordshire MPs and an interesting panel of experts to respond to questions from the audience about the Climate and Ecological Emergency (CEE) Bill. Charlbury’s own Clare Shakya, Director of the International Institute for Environment and Development joins the panel. The aim is to involve as many local organisations and individuals as possible from Charlbury and Oxfordshire. You are warmly invited to participate in this event, register for free here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/can-the-uk-lead-on-climate-change-the-cee-bill-and-our-future-tickets-129470352309

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.