White Horse, Stonefield

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 5

Wed 18 May 2022, 15:46

I see the previous purchaser of the White Horse is selling up and the community is hoping to buy it: https://twitter.com/OxfordClarion/status/1526840009357004800

Douglas Rudlin
👍 4

Tue 1 Dec 2020, 09:58

Thanks to your generousity we are nearly there! But we need a little more push to get over the finishing line. To help with this the share offer has been extended to the end of December. So if you haven't already joined us head over to www.backthewhitehorse.com or if you prefer to donate through crowdfunding head to www.crowdfunding.co.uk/back-the-white-horse. Remeber to follow our progress on facebook at White Horse Stonesfield. See you in the White Horse for a pint .... and a scotch egg!!!

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Tue 1 Dec 2020, 09:32

Apparently an article on The White Horse in  The New York Times on Saturday "has seen donations and wellwishers flood in from America": https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/28/world/europe/england-.html

This is according to The Witney Gazette, with an article also in today's Telegraph, I believe. What a strange world we live in these days ...

Angus B
👍

Mon 30 Nov 2020, 23:26

I had an email today to say that they’ve “decided to extend the deadline through Christmas” and there are other ways you can help financially by buying from their shop or contributing to the crowdfund.

Stephen Andrews
👍 4

Mon 30 Nov 2020, 09:44 (last edited on Mon 30 Nov 2020, 09:45)

Likewise, just purchased some shares. It's almost a local and a lovely walk from Charlbury. This is last day of their share offer, so it's now or never!

Miles Walkden
👍 3

Mon 30 Nov 2020, 08:41

Done. Def worth helping out.

Phil Brown
👍 2

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 20:31

I’ve bought a couple of shares - I really hope the White Horse can be saved. It would be such a shame for Stonesfield to lose its last pub!!

Philip Ambrose
👍 3

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 19:48 (last edited on Sun 29 Nov 2020, 19:50)

Another share bought. If you value your local village pubs please consider helping Stonesfield get this over the line. So close now. 

Gareth Epps
👍 3

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 12:54

I have bought shares too and I know of others who have.  The pub is on the market at a fairer price than Bladon villagers had to pay Greene King.  The Bladon pub is back open again (within limits from the end of lockdown).

Charlie M
👍 3

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 12:30

I have bought some shares. A very good cause. I hope that many others will do it too.

Douglas Rudlin
👍 4

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 11:56

Read more about saving the White Horse in the New York Times at https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/28/world/europe/england-.html?smid=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR2fn7UCNh2FNk6fm0kse_TUkYi-9Gkc27-KKd4FCYVUdo9CnD03EbcFZ44 and see how we are gaining international fame!!

Douglas Rudlin
👍 2

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 11:51

If you do not want to buy a share but would still like to help, head on over to our crowdfunding site www.crowdfunder.co.uk/back-the-white-horse

Douglas Rudlin
👍 3

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 11:44

Our pub, the White Horse, is closed and for sale. We, as a community, are raising funds to buy it and run it as a community asset. Shares are still available at www.backthewhitehorse.com, where you will find the prospectus and an application form. So far we have raised over £300k but need that final push. Please help us save a pub from extinction.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.