Yes, all clear today, Saturday 28th.

Rachel Ramsay
👍

Thu 26 Nov 2020, 08:44

Is the road to Witney open again yet?

Charlie M
👍 2

Thu 26 Nov 2020, 08:14

The other morning I was in the centre of town to collect a prescription, and saw that the "ROAD CLOSED" sign on Sheep Street was covered over, so I set off on my merry way ... only to find that Sheep Street was completely blocked off further along. I therefore reversed back and UNcovered the sign.
Surely THEY should be doing this, not leaving it to the general public!

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 18:10 (last edited on Wed 25 Nov 2020, 18:48)

How can Emergency vehicles get from Witney to Charlbury?

It’s called an emergency.

Julia Webb
👍

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 15:27

Thanks Nikki. 

Nikki Rycroft
👍

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 14:21

You definitely can’t drive to and back from Witney today. The 4022 is closed. It’s best to go through Leafield and down to Minster Lovell. Or you can cut through to Crawley from Leafield and join the 4022 there . 

Julia Webb
👍

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:17

Can you drive to Witney ok, or need to divert? 

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 18:37

This table in the News section is very helpful.  Many thanks to whoever is responsible.  https://www.charlbury.info/news/3288

However, it shows two "start dates" for works.  Shouldn't one be the start date, and the other the end date?  Or is it me?

Does anyone know when all the work will be completed?  I have emailed Gigaclear and OCC for a copy of the Permit - months ago, but my emails have not been responded to, or even acknowledged.

It doesn't fill me with confidence as to the service that Gigaclear will invite us to pay for.  (The broadband).

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 18:13

They advertise that Sheep Street is closed. Yes for vehicles,  but pedestrians can still access the pavements. Saving the businesses?

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 17:13

That's one heck of a diversion. Might be easier to turn off to Leafield from Finstock, respectfully pass through the village turning on to Witney Lane to follow some back roads to the intersection above Crawley, or go on to rejoin the main road just past the Bird in Hand.

Robin Taylor
👍 1

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 15:26

Oh yes, the one.network website is now showing a diversion via Woodstock! 

John Munro
👍

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 11:03

Just returned from Witney and the 'Road Closed' signs are in place all the way between Finstock and the Crawley turn after the Bird in Hand.......

Michael Peake
👍 1

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 09:54

Good to know. Thanks. 

Robin Taylor
👍 1

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 08:14

It only covers the little lane leading off the main road, just before the Bird in Hand, though, so not a problem for through traffic, I don’t think.

Michael Peake
👍 1

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 08:14

This is on the road to Witney, before the turning to Crawley. It seems like the kind of event that would trigger an hour-long pub debate about the quickest alternative route.

Alison Cherry
👍

Tue 24 Nov 2020, 07:16

According to the Highways Dept website and a sign in situ, there is a road closure in place at White Oak Green from today until Thursday 26th.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.