vaccine in Charlbury

Nikki Rycroft
👍 9

Tue 17 Nov 2020, 08:50

There will be vaccines available during next year. But the safety, manufacture , distribution and organisation is extremely complicated, as you will have heard. 

In the meantime Charlbury residents need to do their utmost to remain safe by following lockdown rules, social distancing, wearing masks etc as we have a long way to go before we can relax. Please do join the virtual patient group to keep up to date with developments .

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 21:11

I think that the fact that the government are talking about it early is that some speculation got leaked to the media at some point. And once the cat is out of the bag....

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 21:08

There have been no actual promises. It is all just talk at this stage Jean. It's all subject to government and scientific approval

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 18:27 (last edited on Mon 16 Nov 2020, 19:36)

No I was referring to The Vaccine!  Now promised for Spring 2021.

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 17:27

Jean, if you mean this year’s ‘flu vaccination, they have been rolled out from the Charlbury Medical Centre and other local surgeries.  You should have been offered and had one. If not, please contact me. 

The NHS is preparing for Covid vaccinations but as you realise this is at a very early stage. As soon as vaccines are available and the NHS has advised how they will be given, we will post information. 

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 12:44

Will the Charlbury Medical Centre be ready for injections?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.