Self-guided wildlife explorer trail around the Mill Field

Katherine Holmes
👍 1

Mon 23 Nov 2020, 11:58

P.S - the ribbons have now been removed from the Mill Field, but don't let that stop you exploring if you missed out on the trail. I spied some lovely dew covered spiders webs, spindle berries and a cormorant flying over when I visited this morning.

Katherine Holmes
👍

Mon 23 Nov 2020, 11:55

I just wanted to say thank you so much for everybody who has engaged with this - a total of 34 people requested the pdf guide, which is amazing, and I have had some really helpful feedback to help me improve when I roll more trails out next year.

Do get in touch to let me know how you got on - any comments or feedback you would be happy for me to share on my facebook page would be particularly appreciated.

Keep your eyes peeled for more next year!

Katherine Holmes
👍

Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:45

No problem Sue I have sent it to Graham via facebook. Hope this is OK!

Susan Terry
👍

Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:13

Hello Katherine, we would like to follow the trail today if possible; could you please send a pdf guide? Many thanks, Sue

Susan Terry
👍

Sun 22 Nov 2020, 09:33

Hello Katherine, we would love to follow your trail; please could you send me a pdf guide? Many thanks, Sue

Katherine Holmes
👍

Sun 22 Nov 2020, 08:32

Of course - I've sent you a message Kim!

Kim Sale
👍 1

Sat 21 Nov 2020, 21:42

Hi Katherine,

Please could you send me a copy of your PDF file. I'll go along tomorrow at some point.

Great idea, thank you :-)

Katherine Holmes
👍

Sat 21 Nov 2020, 13:08

Many thanks - I have sent you an email Anne!

Anne Miller
👍 1

Fri 20 Nov 2020, 23:11

Dear Katherine,

What a wonderful initiative, and would love to get your pdf as I do not have Facebook, but would love to take a walk round on Sunday. 

Also love the sound of explorer based trails for elsewhere in Charlbury, and would love to chat to you about the other plans you have.

Many thanks

Anne

Katherine Holmes
👍

Fri 20 Nov 2020, 10:35

Last chance to do the Wildlife Explorer Trail this weekend!

I'll be taking the ribbons down on Monday.

Hope you have enjoyed getting out and exploring the Mill Field - I look forward to hearing what you have seen!

Katherine Holmes
👍

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 12:44

Thanks to all those who have taken part in the walk so far! Do let me know what wildlife you have seen either here or via my Facebook page, and if you have any feedback for when I polish the process and roll the walks out next year.

If you don't have Facebook and would still like to do the walk then feel free to message me via this website and I can hopefully send the PDF over that way.

I saw a treecreeper and a beautiful male bullfinch in the Mill Field on the weekend. The water is high in the river but the field is surprisingly not that muddy despite the rain so well worth a visit in between the showers.

Katherine Holmes
👍

Fri 13 Nov 2020, 19:26

Many thanks Tony - much appreciated!

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 13 Nov 2020, 15:17

What a fastastic initiative Katherine.  Really welcome this trail to help people appreciate the wildlife that we have in Charlbury and this focus on the Mill Field as a readily accesible public space is great.  I am sure that many will take this up especially under current circumstances. Well done indeed.

Katherine Holmes
👍

Fri 13 Nov 2020, 13:24

Thanks so much for the positive thoughts Phil! 

Phil Morgan
👍 1

Fri 13 Nov 2020, 13:06

Thank you Katherine. This is a splendid initiative especially during lockdown #2.

Wishing you well for when you can roll this out for all the natural spaces that this town is lucky enough to control. Your project could give double benefit : you can earn a modest income and our residents can learn about the fantastic natural environment that surrounds us. A perfect synergy! 

Katherine Holmes
👍 5

Fri 13 Nov 2020, 10:24

I am a Charlbury based ecologist hoping to set up a number of nature based projects next year, one of which is a series of self-guided Wildlife Explorer Trails. However given we’re now in lockdown #2, I thought there might be some slightly bored Charlbury residents out there who would appreciate a free taster during their daily exercise!

If you would like to explore the Mill Field using the ribbons I’ve set out to show the way for the Trail (if you can find all 7 that is!) then head to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/rediscovernature1/ and send me a message. I’ll send you a free PDF guide. (Many thanks to the Town Council for their support on this.) The trail is only temporary and I will be removing the ribbons in a week or two depending on demand.

N.B. Please follow government guidelines regarding group sizes / social distancing etc, and don’t park along the roads adjacent to the Mill Field.

Many thanks!

Katherine Holmes

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.