CRAG Book Sale: 200 new additions

John Partington
👍

Sat 21 Nov 2020, 11:26

Clive, this is excellent.  I'm very impressed.

Now that Cornerstone is selling books (£1 each, shared equally between the Corner House and the Cornerstone Project itself), I'm mostly supplying them with books, to encourage a regular turnover, rather than listing stock online .. though there is still a selection here at 50p each.

To help raise money for CRAG, I've taken over most of the Wychwood Press back catalogue from Jon Carpenter, and now have a variety of books of local interest listed here:  mostly new, reduced-price and out-of-print (except for my dwindling stock) .. and some of them in particular being essential additions to any locally-minded Charlburian's library.

For all the above, people can buy through the website or (even better) text me direct on 07555 608780, which avoids the internet fees and means that more money will reach CRAG and/or the Corner House.

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍

Fri 20 Nov 2020, 15:35

We have sold a lot of books recently, but we have also received a lot of generous donations, notably from Carole Knight and Christine Gowing. Our price list now contains almost 1,000 books, broken down into the following categories (each divided between paperback and hardback):

Fiction (363 titles)

Children’s/YAF (67, both fiction and non-fiction)

Food, Wine, Cookery, Diet, etc (37)

Gardening and Nature (73)

Biography (27)

Science (20)

Sport (19)

UK Travel (59)

International Travel (22)

Other Non-Fiction (236)

To get the fully-updated list, which contains full details on collection, delivery, and payment, simply email us at capricornclive@aol.com.

We have also been given a load of DVDs and CDs, which we’ll be putting up for sale soon.

And if anyone has books, DVDs, or CDs they want to donate to the CRAG campaign please let us know.

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍

Tue 10 Nov 2020, 16:17

Just to clear up one point, you can ask for the whole list, or simply the category or categories that interest you.

I should also have mentioned that we are always happy to accept contributions, so if you're clearing out your bookshelves feel free to give us all those you no longer want.  I'm in Tanners Court, Charlbury, but we may well be able to come and collect donations.

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍 2

Sun 8 Nov 2020, 16:39

We have already raised £300 for Charlbury Refugee Action Group (CRAG). And now we have about 200 new arrivals, thanks to very generous contributions from Charlburians, notably Louise Spicer and Stella Marks. There are now around 1,000 books for sale, all at very low prices (and many free). The list has been broken up into the following sections: Fiction; Non-Fiction/Reference; Children’s and YAF; Food, Wine, and Cookery; UK Travel; International Travel. Simply reply to this posting (or email us at capricornclive@aol.com) and we will email you the complete list, which includes notes on payment, collections, and delivery.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.