Car vandalism on Church Lane Dyers Hill

Joanne Fox
👍

Sun 8 Nov 2020, 14:15 (last edited on Sun 8 Nov 2020, 16:45)

Hoping neighbours on Church Lane May have seen suspicious behaviour. 

A neighbour suggested a post to alert others. Thames Valley Police website:

“If you've witnessed or been the victim of crime, please report it here. It will help us to bring the offender to justice and make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.”

will be using the information you have provided to:

• Identify any crime patterns or hotspots for offending in your area

• Keep our patrol plans up to date so we can disrupt further offending

Emily Algar
👍 2

Sun 8 Nov 2020, 10:41

Cameras are relatively cheap now and you can always get an electrician to install them. Since having ours installed we have picked a couple of instances of criminal damage to our property and harassment. 
I presume that a lot of damage to property, car vandalism can be covered on insurance so the police don’t feel the need to investigate or prosecute. 

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 7 Nov 2020, 22:00 (last edited on Sat 7 Nov 2020, 22:03)

I don't know, but I have thought that Charlbury is perceived as a soft target for others from round about.

Rich and easy pickings, and no police.

Cameras are possibly a good idea, but the tech is a little beyond me.  We have lights front and back, but they don't seem to deter.

Emily Algar
👍 1

Sat 7 Nov 2020, 18:24 (last edited on Sat 7 Nov 2020, 18:25)

Charlbury is mostly kind and people do abide by the law, but there are also some really nasty people who don’t think the rules apply to them.

I am sorry about vandalism. Doubtful the police will do anything. I would suggest cameras as they are cheap and act as a good deterrent. 

Miles Walkden
👍 7

Sat 7 Nov 2020, 18:04

Even today I saw a rootin' tootin' gunslinger walking down main street... not a sheirif in sight!

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 7 Nov 2020, 17:54

https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/contact/af/contact-us/

or  dial 101

Joanne Fox
👍

Sat 7 Nov 2020, 17:38

Does anyone know how to report to police/Wes?

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 7 Nov 2020, 17:15

As I’ve been saying for some 10 years. Charlbury is a lawless Town. 
I’ve spent over a thousand pounds on repairing cars and property. 
Just live with it. 
Sorry for your loss. Surprised, as fuel is relatively cheap now. 

Joanne Fox
👍

Sat 7 Nov 2020, 14:23

Beware if you park on Church Lane!

The door to the petrol cap was pried off.  

They probably don’t read Forum, but thought you should know if you have a camera might catch them. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.