20 mph speed limits

Miles Walkden
👍 2

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 22:20

Ooooh, challenge accepted.

James Styring
👍 4

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 21:56

Ha! Do! Bet you a fiver you can't get any this year.

Michael Grant
👍 1

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 19:04

Yes I am.being serious, next time it happens,  I'll take the footage from my dash cams and post it.

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 18:26

My car has broken down twice recently because the battery is not being charged from a quick drive. I don’t drive quickly in Charlbury but have to drive from this side of Woodstock to Chippy regularly just to charge the battery. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 4

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 15:55

James, it’s a few of us just doing endless laps. Got to get those Strava miles in, you know.

(Who am I kidding? I couldn’t hit 20mph except going down the hill from Burford. With a tailwind.)

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 13:03

James.  Agree.

Btw, when are we going to get our Town Electric Bike Club like Hooky?

Also, can one "get" over 20 mph on an electric bike?!  If so, probably not such a great idea after all.

James Styring
👍 4

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 12:21

Michael - seriously? There aren't enough cyclists here to 'constantly' overtake you!

patricia winstanley
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 11:41

Well. wadda uknow...... a white van has just damaged my perfectly parked car.  A kind person on the street witnessed....the driver said...'.nothing much there' and drove off!!!

patricia winstanley
👍 1

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 09:27

Simon you have incited me to once again express my concern for the speed at which vehicles travel along Market Street, Many drivers will keep to the limit of 20mph but against that a great many use it as a race track.  I think part of the problem for drivers unaware of the town is that the 20 sign is placed too high a better alternative would be to have a large painted 20 sign on the ground......thus no excuse!   

Michael Grant
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 04:35

It also applies to cyclists,  constantly being overtaken by them in the 20mph parts of Charlbury. 

Simon Hogg
👍 4

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 21:45

Is it just me or do residents seem to add 20+20=40 and thus speed, or the speed limits do not apply to people in large cars, black cars, German manufactured cars or at times when children or going to and returning from school, let alone any other pedestrians or road users at all other times. The speed limit also applies when it's dark....although some drivers think otherwise. Please, community respect Charlbury residents, let alone abiding to the law. Perhaps if you don't walk around the town you should, then you'd see what I describe. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeUX6LABCEA&ab_channel=CarKeysUK ;

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.